Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Strike! Wipe Out! What?

What a weekend I had! It was action packed, fun, and certain to be memorable!

Friday I met Moo for lunch just because! It was so enjoyable as always! La couldn't meet us because she had family in and was spending QT with her new niece... in fact, La was MIA all weekend and although we had a great time all weekend, she was sorely missed! Anyway, after lunch with Moo I found GrEaT and I mean ReAlLy GrEaT deals at Ann Taylor and New York & Co. (Two of my all-time favorite stores! Seriously, I could have an entire wardrobe from Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft! They had tons of stuff 60% off so I racked up on some work clothes and a couple things just for fun because they were such great deals!

Friday night it was "On like Donkey Kong" as Moo and I simultaneously said when I ran by her office to show off the oh-so-straight hair! Me, Moo, Web, and Chris all headed to Macaroni Grille to use Web and Moo's gift certificate from their realtor! It was so sweet of them - kind of a "thank you" for helping them move... and it's a good thing they are buttering us up, because in a few short months they move again into their fabulous new home... in the "country" and we get to help move all over again! (Moo - you know we would move y'all 100 times over and never complain once!) ;-)

After dinner it was off the bowl! Let's just say I don't bowl very often and when I do I am not very good. We still had a GREAT time! I managed to get a strike or two in. It was, as usual, ...



'da boyz against... (these two are truly brothers of the heart)

... 'da girlz! (Sisters of the heart for sure! And missing our "cream" that is La!)

We had so much fun! Me and Moo pooped out after 4 games, but the boys continued through a 5th game - whew! I am quite sure all four of us were a tiny be sore the next morning, but it was worth it!!!!

Here's another photo (Moo, don't hate me) of me and Moo being silly!!!!


One too many Cherry Cokes? Nah, just girls who wanna have fun!




Saturday night was BUNKO night! Woo-woo! Moo was the hostess with the mostest! I met her early at her apartment and we went together to Rachel's house to set up. It was Pajama Party themed with Pizza Hut Pizza, Candy, Cherry Coke... the works! It was SO MUCH FUN and Moo had SUCH GREAT PRIZES to give away. I got.... no prizes, even though I wiped out twice and was going for most losses! :-) It's A-OK though... Moo even brought lip balm in fruity flavors so that everyone got to take something home. It was so much fun! Here we are in all our glory - PJ's and all:

The highlight of the night, however, was not the prizes or the PJ's, but the phone call we received from LAH! That's right, our sweet Leigh Ann got her package for Ella Grace! You can click here (Horton's Happenings) to see the video and pictures of Ella Grace and her "gift." SO sweet! This little princess will melt your heart! Leigh Ann we can't wait to see you and hug you in person!!!!
After the wild and wacky weekend I decided on a low key Sunday. I actually skipped church and stayed in my PJs most of the day! I finished my book:



It was VERY thought provoking with lost of twists! I certainly recommend it!
I think I have prattled on until you must be ready for this post to end. So until next time, drink lots of Cherry Coke, laugh a lot, and enjoy life!

6 comments:

Betsy said...

That weekend is just too much fun!! Megan sounds like she had a great Bunco night planned for ya'll! You always have the best time together!

Lauren said...

My side hurts I'm laughing so hard. The pic of Moo and her freakishly long tongue and you in your Skynard hat-pose totally sent me over the edge!!!! I MISSED y'all so much! Also, great pic of Chris and his man-lover. :)

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, I love a "just because" lunch. Topping it off with shopping...well, doesn't get much better than that! Looks like ya'll had fun, fun, fun bowling! I laughed at your hat picture and when I realized from La it was a Skynyrd pose, well I laughed out loud then! Hee hee hee! BUNKO looks so fun. Sounds like Moo is the perfect hostess. No surprises there! I want to say I'm sorry I interrupted, but I was so happy to talk to you and Moo! I'm so glad you got to hear EG say thank you and she loves you on her video! That girl is still talking about the "hats"! And you know me, I'll have plenty of Cherry Cokes (probably enough for two people). Ha!

Kelly said...

Your weekend sounds perfect! I love the themed bunco parties! So cute! Ya'll's gift to Leigh Ann was so sweet!
My mom got me my drink dispenser from Sam's for christmas last year. Every one I have ever found was around $200 - but I found this one at Z gallerie and I really like it - it's similar to mine.
http://www.zgallerie.com/p-1835-apothecary-beverage-dispenser.aspx

Megan L Hutchings said...

Really? Did you have to include the pic of my extra long tongue in there...LOL!!!

It was a fabulous weekend full of good times and good laughs ;)! Just keep reminding yourself that La & I are going to hook you up when Mr. Right comes along...

debbie said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful summer. I love to see your blogs, you are such a hoot. Looks like your bunco group is a blast. Keep up the good times.
Debbie