Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Nice to meet you...


(Junior League of Murfreesboro Annual Dinner 2007)


Leigh Ann, my fabulous blog friend whom I will soon meet in person at the Walk for Autism Awareness, asked Me, Lauren, and Moo to each share how me met each other from our own perspectives. So, here is the story of three sisters of the heart and how they came to be.

(VBS 2006)




Meeting Lauren had little to do with her or me, honestly. We were both 3 years old according to my mom and we were in the nursery at Ooltewah Baptist Church. Like Lauren said, I'm sure our first words were something like, "Please pass the pink crayon." I know that reflecting on my entire childhood, the growth of my Independence, my big move to college, and on into my career and life as a "real" adult, Lauren has always been there. We had camp outs, luncheon club, tea parties, dress up... all the fun girlie girl stuff. We had crushes and bible studies and youth group together. We dreamt together, planning dates, dream guys, weddings, and babies! We went to prom, graduation, and on to college. We have wept with one another... the non-attractive raw kind, where you snot on yourself and can't make sense or speak because you have to focus on breathing and we have laughed so hard that we cried and had to cross our legs and, well, focus on breathing. We are quirky, we used to have words of the day and quotes of the week, we quote movies like crazy people, and we used to leave little notes and cards and messages around the apartment for each other, on the dryer, in the pantry, all over the place. We have honest friendship in it's truest form. The kind you know will never betray, never fade, never abandon. It's real to the core.


(Superbowl Sunday 2007)


Megan is another story. I first heard of Megan as "My best friend's fiance" from Chris. Chris and Web are like brothers and when I met Chris... well, really got to know Chris as a friend and not just a colleague, Megan and Web were engaged. I met Web at poker night which I attended monthly - Web sometimes came. As I got to know Chris and by effect Web better I heard more and more about "sweet" Megan! I actually knew a lot about her before we ever met. The story of how Chris got to know her when she worked at the Gold Rush and how he introduced her and Web. I heard all about their wedding - although at that time I didn't know Megan or Web very well other than through Chris and his stories. I have the feeling that we had both heard a lot about each other before we ever met. One night I was out at Liquid Smoke, a local beer and cigar bar - cool, very low key, hole-in-the-wall hang out on the historic square where you can sit and talk, throw darts, etc. Web was there and when Megan called, I talked to her on the phone. To this day Megan thanks me for "taking care" of Web for her until she got there! lol! When Megan arrived she stuck around for a few and we began a friendship that will, I am certain, last a lifetime. As we began to know each other more through game nights and other outings and gatherings I began to truly know her and her sweet personality, but I also began to see that she has an edge that I appreciated! I will never forget feeling so special and honored when she invited me to her baby shower! It wasn't too long before I recognized her and a kindred spirit and just knew that I had to introduce her and Lauren to one another! Megan has the kindest, most gentle soul of anyone I have ever met. She too, is the kind of friend that I know I will have for a lifetime, that is loving and accepting and real.



(Dawson's birthday - literally! We were in the room the whole time. It was a miraculous experience that I will always feel greatly honored to have been a part of!)


(Tacky Christmas Party 2008)


The combination of the three of us is inexplicable. I felt so blessed to have on friend as near, dear, and profoundly loyal as Lauren. But to have two... there simply are no words. I will always feel that nothing short of divine intervention brought us together and I will forever thank God for blessing my life with two women that I will always Cherish. They absolutely inspire me and I am forever grateful for the bond that we share!


(Spring 2008)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Ok, so, I can't really type right now because I'm crying too hard and I can't freakin' see. To say I love you would be an understatement.

Megan L Hutchings said...

Wow! What do I say?

I did hear about you time and time and time again AND I knew you had to be awesome b/c we share the same name!

Our friendship means more to me than you will ever know!!!! The fact that you and La have embraced me with open arms elates my heart!

I love you for you and loving me for me!

Leigh Ann said...

Okay, I am totally bawling right now. What a sweet post. I am so glad you girls are doing this. I'm glad I get to see how you met, but I think it is great to read how you feel about each other. You three are truly, truly blessed, and so sweet!!!

Betsy said...

Meagan-
Thank you so much for the invitation to your blog! I have really enjoyed hearing all of your stories. Like I told Lauren and Megan, you three are just so special and so blessed to have each other! God has truly blessed you! :)

Kelly said...

How sweet!!! There is nothing better than a true BEST friend. And how lucky for you to have TWO!!!! I would have rather have one (or two) friends as close as ya'll are than to have 1000 somewhat friends.