Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Southern for sure!

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my great friend Jerri! She wanted to know if I wanted to come over and play cornhole! For those of you not from the south, or those of you who have just never heard of this great game, it looks something like this...





...there are two game boards, two teams, the rules are a lot like horseshoes! Anyway, I was certainly up for it... after all, what do I have to do... go to work? NOPE! So I headed to Jerri's. We went to the store to pick up a Pizza and the makings of summer sangria and headed back to her house for dinner! Afterwards friends (Kenny, Kathy, and Lewis) came to join in on the cornhole fun! We had a great time!



It began to grow dark and instead of moving into the screened in porch we settled for chairs in the back yard! But what should one do about all those bugs? Ah, ha! Here is a solution and some cheap entertainment... it only costs a wee bit of electricity...




...that's it! A bug zapper! Nah, you don't need to hang it up, just grab a ladder, that'll do! I thought it was a particularly "southern" moment when I found myself in lawn chair, talking about war movies, watching a bug zapper, pouring sangria out of a milk jug into a giant plastic up with a bendy-straw! And I LOVED IT!



I enjoyed last night tremendously - it was a great way to spend such a nice summer evening!!!! However, today I classed it up a little for a big BIRTHDAY lunch! My dearest La turned 26 today!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!



We had a wonderful lunch at The Front Porch! Yumm! Lots of laughs and delightful conversation as always. This, in truth, was just the "birfday" kickoff as we are getting down to the real celebration Sunday night at mi casa for some Pizza and a cold one with gifts!!!

D-word joined us at Lunch! Can you believe how much he had grown! He absolutely melts my heart with his big 'ole toothless grin! :-)

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Yeah! I love the picture of you three. Seriously...Does Lauren keep you guys in stitches ALL the time?! I know you all had a great time together. And, I totally GET the lawn chair, bug zappin, plastic cup drinkin GREAT kind of time!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Who does not love a fabulous game of cornhole? Jerri sounds like such a fabulous lady with so many wonderful games up her sleeve ;)!

Lunch today was fabulous! Please call me tomorrow and let me know how it goes...