Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Water Bug

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! There are three reasons for this - all of which I think are excellent reasons not to blog (although I have daily checked all of your blogs for updates! lol). First, I had a few slow blog days of ho-hum summer about which I didn't have much to say. Second, I had a couple buys days in which I was away from my computer. Third, my camera died and I didn't have batteries and I don't like to post without pictures - pictures make everything better! So, now I am back up and running... lets hit the highlights - You're in for a long post!



Friday I met Donnie, Julie, and Lynn at one of my most favorite places ever - Chili's! Who doesn't love their chips and salsa... with a bowl of Avocado Ranch on the side of course (if you haven't tried it, you should - I have converted all of my friends to order their chips 'n Salsa at Chili's with AR on the side!!). I don't have a picture from that night, but I do have this picture that shows (L to R) Lynn, Me, Yalitza (affectionately called Yatzi), and Julie! I can't find a picture of Donnie that's up close, just big group pictures - gotta work on that! lol.



Saturday me, La, and Moo had Girls Night! We headed to the Chop House for dinner and to see the movie "Sex and the City." Some of you may already know, I am a big fan of the show and was not disappointed by the movie! It was a perfect continuation of the show and I loved it! Here we are at the theater (La blinked in the pictures, but the girl that was taking it for us was less than enthusiastic, so we didn't ask for a retake!





And the big highlight of the last few days.... drum roll please...

THE LAKE!!! Yesterday was absolutely fabulous! I went to the lake! I absolutely love water - I am a natural born "water bug" be it swimming pool, lake, or ocean, I'll be there and love it! Always have, always will! I don't get to go very often - in fact last summer I didn't go even one time! However, my friends Jerri and Doug bought a boat at the end of summer last year!! Until yesterday, our schedules had conflicted in a way that I had not been able to join them on the lake yet! Fortunately for me, my dry spell ended and I hit the lake with splash!!!

Doug volunteered to be our chauffeur even though his back is out - how sweet!


Also along for the ride were Melissa and Lisa! (Lisa teaches at my school as well and Melissa used to teach at my school - I'm telling you, we teachers go wild and crazy in the summer!!!!)




Here is a picture of me and Jerri (Doug's wife - it's their boat!)




Please excuse the wind-blown, lake look! :-)

The real fun started when I decided I would knee board! I haven't done anything behind a boat in about two years, so I was a little shaky at first, but I got the feel back in no time!

Here we are getting ready - ropes crossed - never a good thing!!!



And here I am knee boarding while Melissa tubes!


And another picture of me and Jerri knee boarding - I'm just proud that I could get up, much less stay up! Trust my I am paying for it today! My arms and lower back muscles ache - they are used to a work out! Ha!



I LOVE Center hill lake! It is so nice, VERY deep, and the water is SO clear!!! The lake in East Tennessee I grew up going to is a lot more shallow that this one, not as clear and VERY developed! Center hill is 64 miles long and covers 18,200 acres! Almost all of the 415 miles of shoreline is undeveloped and natural. If you look back at the pictures you see there are no houses, the lake is surrounded by steep rock edges and forest! There are three different waterfalls you can hike to as well! It's just a great place - if you haven't spent a day up there you should certainly go!!!

These last two pictures are for my mom! When I told her I was going to Center Hill she asked if I would take these pictures for her! I had told her before that Alan Jackson (Country Music Singer) and Daryl Waltrip (former race car driver, now announcer) both live on Center Hill. I didn't take a picture of DWs house, but I did snag these of Alan Jackson's house (it's in the trees and hard to see) and his houseboat that is made to match his house!



So there is my update - in a very large nut shell! :-) What a great weekend!

4 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Chips N Salsa...YUMMY!

A night with your galz...the BEST!!! =)!

A day at the lake...I am officially jealous! I so hope that Web & I can make it up there sometime!

Leigh Ann said...

Having a friend with a boat is definitely a good thing. I'm scared to get in lake water now, but I love to go on a boat. You can tell you are totally in your element and having a great time. I'm glad you liked the movie. I heard it WAS really good. Those pics of AJ's house and boat are amazing. I'm going to have to try that AR with my salsa next time. Glad you are back. I was beginning to worry about you. LOL

Valerie said...

Thanks for the pics, you water bug! Looks like ya'll have a fabulous time on the lake. You must have gotten the water bug genes from your Dad, cause you sure didn't get it from me. Can't wait to see you Thursday. I'm in a shopping mood!

Lauren said...

I am so JEALOUS!!!!! I'm so glad you got to go, though. Sorry I blinked in the pictures!