Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A celebration...

...of friendship!

After going about a week without a galz reunion Me, La, and Moo were all feeling deprived and in desperate need of major gal-time! After comparing schedules it was decided that Thursday was the best time and Mimi's was the best place! What's even better? We had gifts! Noticing the presents on the table the waitress at Mimi's asked, "Is it your birthday?" to which I replied, "Nope, it's just Thursday" and Moo then said, "we haven't see each other in over a week!" Lol! I think the waitress thought we were a little nuts (as do most people when the observe the three of us together, I'm sure) but we had a good laugh and a great time! I must say, if I was on weight watchers I would have to count hanging out with La and Moo as some type of activity points because all the laughing we do must burn calories!



Here is a fun picture of Me and Moo outside Mimi's... we both showed up in pink capri pants! So fun!

At dinner we all ordered "the usual!" For La that means pot roast, for Moo it means a gorgonzola and walnut salad, and for me the quiche. While we were waiting for our food to arrive we exchanged our "just because" gifts!


La got this cute little number for Dawson made by a blogging friend of Moo's! Vance has one too - so cute!


Me and La both go Chicken Soup for the Beach Lover's Soul! I had never seen it, but it was the perfect gift from Moo! Inside the front cover Moo wrote, "To the many laughs we will share with our toes in the sand!" I thought - how true!

Lauren got Moo and I picture frames with the picture of the three of us laying down (top right corner of my blog) and our favorite candy! I got a card that said, "Thanks for being the Carrie to my Samantha." So perfect - you Sex and the City fans know what she means... Moo's said the same thing only Moo is Charlotte! I gave Moo a golf ball bank for Vance and gave La and Moo a "funny notes" book with lottery tickets inside - cross your fingers! When moo was opening it, she said, "Is it a trip to Paris" and I said "maybe!" So if we win - a big trip is in order for sure!

D-word was of course with us! Me and Moo had to make him a little ghetto fabulous by turning his hat sideways while La was trying on some clothes (we went to Belk after dinner).

It was just a wonderful celebration of friendship and a wonderful way to spend a summer evening! Girls, I love you both dearly and I don't know what I would do without you!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

My offspring is soooo ghetto-fab! Love you!

Leigh Ann said...

Derek took me to see that movie and I thought about you because you mentioned you were such a fan. You know that part where Carrie goes to Miranda late on New Year's eve because Miranda is sad? I thought to myself, that is the kind of friendship you, La, and Moo have. I could totally see you guys doing that for each other. It really is amazing the type of friendship you have. Even before I knew you guys like I know you now and would read your comments to each other, I would often think how uplifting, encouraging, and loving you were to one another. It is just precious what you guys have and it sounds like none of you take if for granted. Can you guys adopt me???? Would that make me Lily??? LOL!

Valerie said...

No fair!!! I still haven't been to Mimi's!!! However, I'm so happy for the three of you. I wish I had friends like that here to have fun with. Enjoy, cherish, nurture those friendships. You lucky, lucky girls.

Lauren said...

Yo...when you go onto Amanda's blog, click on "RSS subscribe", and it should take you to her blog...click on whatever entry you want to comment on, then click "add comment." It should work. Peace out!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Here is to "US" and to YOU for the amazing friendship the three of us share! I will cherish it for years to come!