Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"...these are a few of my favorite things..."

Since it thundered about an hour ago I have heard Julie Andrews singing "My Favorite Things" from The Sound Of Music (one of My favorite things, or movies at least). I figured that was enough inspiration for a post. Well, I have to give my sister a little credit here too... she did a "Favorite Things" post as well, but it was modeled more after the Oprah Show's favorite things theme they do once a season where they give a bunch of stuff away. Anyway, that is geared more toward favorite products (I might post on that later - good for a slow blog day), but today I decided to post on some of my favorite things. Maybe some of the less obvious things around my home that are, well, favorites! So here it goes...


Scrabble!
This is actually a new favorite. It is something that mom and I have taken up doing in our spare time when I visit her in Ooltewah and I am now addicted! I figure, it must be good for my brain and it's fun too! Can't beat that!

Games!

Okay, so maybe Scrabble should have been included in this category. I absolutely love playing games! My most recent favorites include Scene It? Squabble (its males v. females and SO MUCH FUN!), Catch Phrase, and Balderdash!



Cookbooks!

I love cookbooks and recipes in general. Sometimes I will just sit and flip through a recipe book for ideas! I think church cookbooks are the best!!!!


Wine!

Okay, maybe this isn't a less obvious favorite thing, but it is certainly in the favorite thing category! Let's face it... there is NOTHING that a good wine doesn't go with! On a spring of summer day a nice wine spritzer, a summer night - a cool Chardonnay, in the fall a nice Merlot or Cabernet! Mmmmm... (please excuse me while I go grab a bottle... I mean glass! Ha!)

Organizational Stuff!

I love all things organizational! Calendars, notebooks, crates, bins, file folders, sharpies! Anything that can help me be organized is a winner and makes the favorite things list... I know, I am a nerd!

Hm... just talking about my favorite things makes me light hearted! Unfortunately blogger must be tired because it won't let me load any more pictures, so that will have to wrap up my favorite things for today! I will just make a "To be continued..." and share 5 of my other favorite things in my next post!

I would love to hear about some of your favorite things if you are having a slow blog week! I was going to tag people, but I think I'll leave it at that!

5 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

First of all, "The Sound of Music" is my all time favorite musical/movie! I LOVE it and watch it at least once a year! I am a NUT for board games. I am always begging Derek to play something with me. We don't get to play as much anymore with two little ones, but before we had kids we played ALL THE TIME. And, I also love organizational stuff, especially personalized paper or stationery! I knew I loved you for a reason!

Megan L Hutchings said...

A woman after my own heart!!!! Your favorite things list was perfect, except it was missing me...LOL!

I can't wait to play Scrabble in the mountains!

Betsy said...

I love cookbooks too. And I agree...church cookbooks are always the best. And I always try to stay organized, so that is also one of my favorite things. I need all the help I can get...haha!

Valerie said...

Like mama, like daughter. Love you!

Rosie said...

Yeah! I have had so much fun catching up on all things "Meagan"!!! I love games too. I especially love MadGab, but noone will play with me b/c I always win (big)! So anyway, I think a post about your favorite products would be fun...I might try it. Later. When I have a minute (or a babysitter) are you free today ? =)