Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Some like it straight!

Well, this is my second post for the day and another short one! I just wanted to show the world what I look like with straight hair. Mind you, this is a rare sighting as it only happens about once every five years! I was feeling frisky this afternoon so I shot over to my amazing hair lady and she worked a little chi-iron magic! It takes HER no less than 30 minutes to get it straight - it's almost hopeless for me to get it that way on my own. I'm a girl that goes from the bed to out the door in 45 minutes or less... and I don't rush! lol. So here I am with my very straight hair! Moo was amazed at how thin my hair really is... the curls make it look a lot thicker than it actually is!



Amazing, huh? I wore it straight one day after I got it cut to school... when students saw me from the back they actually thought they had a sub! LOL!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

You do look totally different! I like the straight hair! But I love the curly hair!!!

Betsy said...

Wow! That is amazing. I like it both ways, but I guess I'm just used to seeing you with it curly! It looks much longer when it's straight. You're adorable either way!

Lauren said...

This reminds me of you when we were younger!! (Saying that makes us sound 47 years old.Heh.) I love it both ways. Honestly, I think the curly suits your personality more. Bubbly and fun. However, the straight? Is tres chic. You are beautiful either way.

Leigh Ann said...

Wow! I LOVE it both ways! I can't believe how long it looks straight! I HAVE to use a chi iron every stinkin' day. You are so lucky to be able to wash and go in 45 minutes! Is it okay that I am jealous of that??? You look beautiful straight or curly!

P.S. I loved hearing your sweet voice today. I hope you were able to hear EG say "thank you." She said it so softly!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Bow chicka wow wow!!!! I am so glad you decided to do something fun & frisky ;)!

I love it both ways, but I am with La...curly fits our bubbly, best friend!!!!