Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On the road again...

Well, tomorrow I am headed to Chattanooga for my annual summer trip! I always go to Chattanooga for 4 days or so in early June! This is the week that they have the Riverbend Festival! My family always goes to Riverbend, but this year my parents actually haven't purchased pins to get in yet, so we'll see! I may or may not go to the festival, but I know I will have a great time spending some QT with my family!

On the Agenda, playing with my niece Bentlee! I am taking my Bitty Baby down (that's right - I have my very own Bitty Baby) so we can play school and all kinds of fun things! I will also be shopping with my mom, getting a pedicure, doing a lot of porch sitting, and who knows what else - basically whatever comes up that sounds fun and relaxing! Like sitting beside this...



...sipping a cold drink! I spent most of my childhood in or around this swimming pool in my parents back yard - how fabulous!

Speaking of swimming! I had to borrow a couple of pictures from Tuffy's blog (My Mom and Dad's dog)! I thought this photo was so funny! It seems that Tuffy, who loves to snoop and always is walking right on the edge of things, be it the back of the couch, the edge of the porch, or the edge of your lap, was walking around the edge of the pool and lost his balance!


This is Tuffy after his "refreshing" dip, although the expression on his little face says it was anything but refreshing! I just thought the picture was priceless. Especially for a dog that is used to a life of royalty! This is Tuffy more in his element:


Again - priceless!

Anyway, I will be MIA for a few days, but I will try to blog if I get the chance! I hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't hear from you sooner!

4 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so excited you are getting to have some QT with the familia!!! I am so sorry that we are not making it down this year, but I want to come down at least ONCE before the summer is over!

Have a cold one for your galz ;)!

Valerie said...

Now, no fair blogging my blog!!! I didn't know this could be done. Add to you list of Ooltewah activities giving Mom another blog lesson! Can't wait for you to get here.

Lauren said...

You best be thinkin' of me when you're sitting on your porch, having a cold one. And when you're sitting by the pool, having a cold one. And when you're sitting in the kitchen, eating raspberry muffins and cherry pie. Just sayin.'

Leigh Ann said...

Oooooh, I want that pool! How lucky you were to have that growing up! Tuffy is too cute. I bet he won't be walking too close to the pool anymore! Have fun with your family. From what I've seen in the past, you always have a great time with them.