Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The cool comfort of home...

What a wonderful few days I have had! I spent Father's Day weekend in Chattanooga with my family! It was a WONDERFUL time and I enjoyed every second. I was there from Thursday until Sunday evening and it was like a mini-vacation! Father's day was spent with my family! I thought I would share a few photos!


This is Bentlee playing the Harmonica! She is such a performer!!! She LOVES to sing and dance. She decided to strip down in the living room and put her swim suit on herself - this was her subtle hint that she intended to make her way to the backyard to swim ASAP!



Here is Bentlee and her Daddy (my brother Ken). I think they look so much alike it is amazing! Too cute!



... And Bentlee snuggling with her Mommy (my sister-in-law, Sarah). Check out the dimple! And, yes, B pretty much had her swimsuit on all day long!



Here is my Daddy in "the garage." This photo was taking a few weeks ago, but I am using it because I somehow managed not to get a picture of him this weekend AND forgot to take a picture of the gift I gave him too! I had his old high school jacket and his high school football jersey shadowboxed for him to hang in his garage!

And... Bentlee who, finally, made it to the pool! We spent most of the day laying/sitting in and around the pool... it was wonderful!
Monday I helped Megan and Web out by watching Vance in the afternoon for a little bit! Aunt Meag was really excited to get the chance to spend some QT with little man!

Seriously? How cute is he! And all boy, I tell you!!! We played legos and cars and all kinds of fun stuff! Then he blew me a big 'ole kiss when I left complete with the "Mwah!" sound!!!

Today has been nice! The weather is not oppressively hot - thank goodness! I piddled around the house this morning. Then I went by my school to pick up some things, including my friend Anne for lunch! We went to the Front Porch and enjoyed a girlie lunch and then I headed back home to tackle a growing to do list. Unfortunately when I got home, the house seemed awfully stuffy and the air conditioning unit seemed unresponsive! Thank Goodness for Roscoe Brown!!! Today's run down looked something like this...

Lunch: $9.99
Service Call to Roscoe Brown: $65.00
Wire Repair: $40.00
Circuit Board: $211.00
Air Conditioning in the hottest June I can ever remember: PRICELESS!!!!

Although I didn't plan on spending over $10 today, much less over $300, I am just thankful that it was a wiring and circuit board issues and NOT a, "Ma'am, you need a new unit" issue!!!!

So for now, I am signing off... in the cool comfort of home!

5 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

That Bentlee is sure a beauty. Her daddy better get ready. She's going to be a heartbreaker, especially with that dimple! Oh, and I love me some Vance. How lucky are you to get to go play?! Your dad's "garage" sure is nice. I'll have to show that to Derek. It looks amazing. I am SO glad you are in some AC right now. I'm with you, the price was worth it!

Lauren said...

Too freakin' hilarious!!!! I'm glad you're cooling off now. AND...Bentlee needs to be on a cereal box. Or a magazine cover. Just sayin.'

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a GREAT post!!!! I am so glad that you got to have a few relaxing days with the familia. Little B is absolutely precious!!!!

Thank you again for keeping little man! He is absolutely the Best of the Best!

Valerie said...

Great post. I got pictures of your gift to Dad - be watching my blog. Love you.

Sarah said...

sounds like a fun weekend. I'm glad you had a good time. And I'm glad mom's going to post pictures of the shadowboxes, cause I want to see.