Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Spirit Fingers!

If you haven't picked up on it already - I am simply thrilled that summer has arrived! It is one of the perks of being a teacher - and believe me, we earn every second of our two months off! Already giddy with the thoughts of all that I get to do (and not do) for the next two months is enough to make me break out my spirit fingers!


Speaking of Summer and Spirit Fingers - this is also the time of year for.... CHEER CAMP! Yipee! (insert sarcasm) I began my day today with a trip to the local gym where my girls go to cheer camp... just wanted to check in on them! They are, of course, doing quite well with already some chants and a cheer under the belt and a dance in the works!

After that I joined my friend Rondda for lunch at O'Charley's, then headed home for some rest and relaxation! Tonight I had dinner with my two bests (La and Moo) at B. McNeel's - one of my favorite places to grab lunch, dinner, or just drinks located just off the square! It's a charming place! Here is the building...

...and here is the patio - my favorite place to sit! (It was too hot and muggy to sit out there today though!)


After dinner we had a JLM meeting with the new members. It was somewhat productive, but on the way home as I talked with La on the phone about our meeting I told her I was going to have to swing by sonic for a Cherry Coke! She, in turn, said something like: "Mmmm..." then laughed, then said, "You totally have to take a picture like the one of Ella Grace and put it on your blog!" For those of you whom I have just lost, our blog friend Leigh Ann LOVES Sonic (must be an Arkansas thing because I think all our Arkansas blog friends are all about drinks at Sonic). Anyway, she recently posted (see Horton Happenings) about letting her PRECIOUS little girl Ella Grace get a drink at Sonic and joked about how she takes after her mom! So (Leigh Ann, I hope you don't mind me borrowing the picture from your blog)... here is sweet EG with her Sonic:

And here I am... see the similar expression?


It would seem that we Tennessee folk have A LOT in common with those Arkansas folk after all!
So this is my shout out to sweet Ella Grace, to my dear Leigh Ann, and apparently to Sonic who sure does know how to serve up a nice cold drink, with the "good ice!" Mmmmm.... a perfect summer treat!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Too cute!! Sweet EG has no idea how popular she is!

Leigh Ann said...

I am laughing so hard right now!!! That pic of you and EG has totally cracked me up! It is sooo good you just can't help it can you?! The only thing that could have made the pic better is if you two were in it together! :) It's funny because I stopped by there this a.m. after grocery shopping and thought about that picture of EG. Now, I'll have another image to make me smile! That restaurant does look charming. And, I am cracking up about the spirit fingers! Thanks for making me laugh today. I needed it! Oh, and I told Derek I needed to make a trip to TN, and he said he would take me or keep the kids for me! Now, if I can just bring myself to leave the kids. That's the hard part. How far are you guys for Little Rock?

Cindy J. said...

I was just at B.McNeel's yesterday. Rene and I were in town running pre-moving errands, and I was applying all over the place for jobs. I picked up an application there that I'm going to drop back off on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is HILARIOUS!!!! Your expression matched EG perfectly! B. McNeel's was delicious..."Hmmm...this sure is a lot of meat!"