Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Just a picture or three...

It will be a short post today... at least for now. I was going to do the other half of my favorites, but I have decided to just share a couple of pictures with you instead.

The first picture I will share is actually of a favorite things... a combination of two favorite things as a matter of fact! I absolutely love...


...my big back yard and a brewing summer storm! I love when summer storms pop up with thunder and lightening and the wind blows! Mmmm. I also love my big back yard - freshly weed-eated and ready to go! Yay!

The other two pictures I wanted to share are totally non-related to the favorite things list! :-) Here is my Father's day gift to my dad. I am posting it for several reasons...

1. It's the first time in a long time I actually had a creative idea for a Father's day gift - Dad's are so hard to shop for.

2. I did it myself! I was going to have it done, but at my mother's suggestion and with a little of her help, we didn't need a framer after all!

3. My sister went in with me on this one, but being that she drives a truck all over this great nation, she wasn't there to actually see what she was giving Dad for Father's day!




Aren't they neat! It's my dad's Jacket and Jersey from high school. I think they will look great hanging in his new garage!

Thanks mom for getting those pictures to me! You're the best - seriously, you are!

3 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

The yard looks AMAZING!

You are so sweet and thoughtful to make a gift like that for your day ;)!

I think it turned out fabulously!!!!

T-minus 5 hours and counting =)

Kelly said...

That is such a neat gift for your dad!!! I bet he LOVED it! My MIL framed Scott's high school jersey last Christmas and he loved it.

Leigh Ann said...

Evan would go NUTS in your backyard. He would never want to come inside! It is huge! I love that you did that for your dad. That is a very thoughtful gift, and I bet they look amazing in his garage!