Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words...

It is late Thursday night and I don't have a lot of energy left for a detailed post, so I thought I would let the pictures (and captions) tell the story of my day!

I began the day driving to Ooltewah to meet mom at Couch's for lunch. We then ran a couple of errands and then picked Bentlee up from "school." The rest of the day was all about B! We went to The School Box to let her pick out some cool teacher stuff to play school with and then headed home to let the playing begin!



We woke up all the babies from their naps to play school with all the new cool teacher stuff! (I guess this teacher thing runs in the family!) Bentlee showed us the days, counted with us, did the weather, and the seasons! She is a pro, I tell you! We were told to "zip our lips" "raise your hand" and special kids got to "lead the class" or be the "calendar helper!" I am telling you this was serious school with circle time, centers (Play dough, kitchen, and Barbie) and snack time!!!



Me and Grandmommy did a "good job!" so we were rewarded with stickers!! Maddie (My bitty baby), George (Papaw's bitty baby), Callie Lou (Grandmommy's bitty baby) and Bitty Baby herself (Bentlee's) all got stickers too! It was a very good class!!


Teaching is a tough job you know, and with all that instruction sometimes you just need a hot cup of tea! How many 4 year olds do you know that drink Earl Grey! Ha - I'm serious! Today she wanted to "try something new" so she picked out "Cimanon" tea instead... this cutie pie takes her tea with sugar and cream!

After we relaxed with hot tea, it was time to cool off in the pool! We had a BIG time! She kept her swimmies on at first (this was her first swimming outing of the season) but she shed the swimmies in no time! She can now touch bottom in the shallow end - big stuff! And she can actually swim pretty well for a 4 year old! She would jump from the steps to me and then swim from me back to the steps. She kept telling me to back up! I was so proud!


She even jumped off the diving board! Once onto a float and once into the water! I guess she's just a water bug like her Aung Meag!

My day was simply wonderful! I loved every second!!!!!

4 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!

Sweet B is getting so big and she is so bright! I wish I could have been a student in Miss B's class =)!

Send my love to your wonderful family and please ask your mom to invite me to read her blog!

MISS YOU TONS!

Valerie said...

Wonderful blog! So fun to read, and I was there to experience the events first hand. Still loved the blog. Love you and the entire time I was watching you two play, the thought kept going through my head, "My girls." I used to love watching "my girls" swim and play together. Thanks for the precious trip down memory lane and for helping make more wonderful memories.

Lauren said...

What a wonderful aunt you are. You are the aunt you always said you wanted to be, even before B was born. LOVE the picture of y'all on the floats. Could she be anymore beautiful???

Leigh Ann said...

I love that you and your mom played school with Bentlee. That is just so sweet, with real teacher stuff and all. I know B must just adore you!