Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

This one's for the girls...

Yesterday was the long-awaited girlz day! The credit has to be given to Moo for having the idea of taking an entire day off work just to have a girlz day (you rock!). So the day was scheduled and yesterday it arrived! Me, La, and Moo met at City Cafe at 8:00 AM to start our girlz extravaganza! I had biscuits and gravy - Y-U-M! I love the City Cafe... it is "Murfreesboro" personified to me. It just encompasses that small town feel that I love so much about this town!

Anyway, after we ate to give us plenty of shopping fuel, we hopped in the expedition and hit the ground running! We shopped and shopped until we were starving again and then we headed to Mimi's cafe! Again... Y-U-M! While we were at Mimi's there was a little thundershower - which was good thing because it was about a thousand degrees yesterday and that really cooled things off a little! Also as we ate, David (La's hubby) brought her new car to us! It was SO fabulous! He switched the cars while we ate and we finished our girlz day shopping in the new ride!

After lunch we did some more shopping then headed to the theater to see Mama Mia! It was really cute and we enjoyed sitting for a while in the dark, cool theater munching on pop corn and chocolate!

Overall it was an absolutely marvelous day! I can't think of anything else I would rather have done with my last week of summer! Thank you beautiful girlz - I love you both so much and I don't know what I would do without you two in my life!!!!

Another note of business. A huge thank you to another beautiful girl - Betsy! Thank you so much for my blog award! I am honored! Those of you who have not checked out Betsy's blog - she is on my blog roll to the right - you should check her out! She is an elementary school teacher and she absolutely inspires me! She's a great mom, a wonderful wife, and she is so creative and talented! I am always impressed with all the projects she completes and all the things she has going on in her world. Betsy, thank you for the recognition. You are truly wonderful and I am honored to call you my friend!

6 comments:

Lena and Brad said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing you yesterday - y'all so made my day! You are truly an amazing group of women, and y'all have been so amazing to me through all my hard times! Much love to you!

Lauren said...

I can't really think of two other people that I've ever had so much fun with. I love the cute clothes and shoes that you got...thank you for helping me with D-Word!

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there. That sounds like the best day EVER! I could really go for some biscuits and gravy right now. I love Betsy and I love you, and you totally deserved this award. I can't go one day without checking in on you!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you've been busy and having a good time your last week of "freedom." Can't wait to see pictures of the beach!

Betsy said...

Your galz day out sounds like the funnest day ever!! I loved EVERYTHING ya'll did!!

What a great way to end the summer up before you have to go back to work. :(

I will be praying for you to have a good first week back!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Wednesday was one of the best days I have had all summer! I loved stuffing my face and emptying my wallet with my two galz ;)!

Thank you so much for everything you do for me on a daily basis!

Can't wait until we hit the road and head to NC!