Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hot spot... Hot city!

There are many advantages to living in the 'boro! I won't go into all the reasons I love calling Murfreesboro home, but I will list one perk... living so near Nashville! We are just a hop, skip, and a jump from the great NashVegas and the wonderful nightlife that can be found there. Not to mention all the things to do during they day that I take advantage of often... Titan's games, The Frist Center for the Arts, and all the fun restaurants, shopping, and stops of interest. Honestly, every time I go to Nashville, I wonder to myself why I don't make that short drive more often! SO, when Jerri called Thursday night wanting to do something and suggesting Nashville, I decided I would accompany her! Doug, his friend Morris, myself and Jerri headed to Broadway for barbecue on the roof at Rippy's and then across the street!

The original plan was to meet some friends at Tootsie's, but by the time we finished dinner, they had moved to Big Bang - a piano bar - so we just met them there to enjoy some good tunes and an ice cold brew! Here is a picture inside Big Bang:



And here is a picture of me and Jerri at dinner! We always have so much fun together!!!


All in all it was a great way to spend a hot summer night! By the time we got home around midnight (pretty late for an old school teacher, huh? Ha!) I was worn out! :-) It was a great time though. I had never been to Big Bang before, so I wasn't disappointed to head there instead of Tootsie's! Plus they are no smoking and you could actually carry on a conversation. So for you local folks, or those passing through, if you want a "true" taste of Nashville, you need to hit Tootsie's of course... but if you want a low key, smoke-free night with some tunes you'll know and love, head across the street and down a block to Big Bang! :-)

Now, have you noticed anything different about this post? Here's a hint...


That's right kids, my camera cord has arrived!!! Stay tuned for more beach pictures and "catch-up" on some other images and events!!!

Side note: I ordered a Serta 2.5 in. think memory-foam topper for my big 'ole king size mattress and it finally arrived! (STEAL of a deal on Overstock.com - my favorite!!!!) So, last night I basically slept on a cloud... seriously! Best night's sleep I think I have ever had! If you are even ever slightly question your mattress and whether or not it could be improved, I highly encourage you to hook yourself up with some genuine memory foam! It's heaven, on a bed! :-)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad the camera is back in action, and I love the pictures of downtown at night and you at the beach (email me a copy of that one please). Loved talking on the phone yesterday. I know we are not "phone people" but seriously, why don't we do that more often??? Anyway, sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be lying if I denyed there are not times when life in "civilization" are not missed. There are perks to both ways of life, right?

jenni said...

you look awsome in these pictures! Like Sarah, I'm glad the camera is back in action..and I would like a picture of you at the beach

Leigh Ann said...

Thanks for the tips! I would so go for the piano bar! I LOVE that picture of you from the beach. Gorgeous. Can't wait to see the rest!

ariel said...

Gorgeous pic of you and the beach background! Cant wait to see the rest of the pics you have from the beach...

Megan L Hutchings said...

LOVE the pic of you on Tybee Island! What can I say...my best friends are BEAUTIFUL!

I am so glad you had a great time with Jerri at Big Bang! I have heard it is a fabulous place!

Love You!

Lauren said...

It sounds like such a fun time! Loving the straight hair...yay for beach pics!

debbie said...

THe pictures are beautiful. WOW the moon shot was inspirational. Could be a post card.
Love Ya
Debbie