Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Relaxin' in the Rain...

After my wild bee experience, I have been takin' it easy the last couple of days! My battle scars are slowly healing, but far from gone, and life is returning to normal! Believe it or not, I found two more bees in my house over the last two days and the last one finally bit the dust last night! So, for the first time since Wednesday, I finally felt relaxed and at ease in my own home! Crazy, I tell you! I don't do bugs... I mean, seriously! Half the time when I find a bug in the house I don't even want to get close enough to kill it... so you can imagine how the bees traumatized me! Haha!

Wednesday I went to my school to work on my classroom! I had to move classrooms again this year, so there was much to be done! My room, unfortunately, is not in very good shape! I am having to move a bunch of stuff out that doesn't belong to me and clean and dust to get it back into working order, so I got a lot done Tuesday, but I still have a lot more to do!! Wednesday night I met my friend Jerri at the Pig (one of my favorite little places in the 'boro... it's kinda like Cheers where everyone knows your name!). Anyway, we went over there early, around 4:30, and enjoyed an appetizer and a glass of wine and caught up! That was enjoyable!

Yesterday was fabulous! I finally got to see my girlz! We got together at Top Nails for pedicures, cherry coke, and some sweet treats I brought back from Savannah! While there, Lauren and I got our treats from Leigh Ann! I wish I could load pictures... LAH sent the three of us a precious card and we each got a monogrammed hand towel! So cute, so us, an each one unique! She included surprises for the boys too! It was a wonderful surprise - thank you Leigh Ann!!! We enjoyed our girlie girl time so much that we decided to extend it by going back to Megan's for some pizza and then we all went out to "the farm" to see Megan and Web's house taking shape! I have to say it is absolutely beautiful! A dream home! Every window has a breathtaking view of the countryside, the layout of the home is wonderful... I can just imagine it finished and Vance running around in the yard and all the fun times and memories that will be made there! I was truly touched that Megan and Web wanted to share a preview of their home with me! It was beautiful and I can't wait to see it completed!

Today it is raining and I am relaxing! I woke up in one of those sappy moods that happens on a rainy day when you only have one week of summer left! I plan to clean a little, relax a lot, and enjoy the rest of my day!

5 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

WE are the ones who are completely honored that you came with us ;)! You will be a part of each and everyone of those special moments on the farm!

Loved doing toes and sippin on our cherry coke! Can't wait until Wednesday!!!

jenni said...

Here is a tip for you "Raid Earth Options Natural Clove Scent". Spray from a distance and go to sleep in peace knowing "Raid..kills bugs dead" (I guess as opposed to kills bugs...not really?) and doesn't smell awful. Trust me - I live on the water in Mississippi where the exterminator says "honey, we can't stop those- you live on the water - they will die inside"

Leigh Ann said...

Wow! It seems like you are going back to school early! Where did summer go? I am so glad that bee fiasco is over for you. Bless your heart! That was crazy! I'm so glad you and the girlz got some QT together and that you enjoyed your surprise. It DOES look like Moo is going to have a beautiful home with a beautiful view. I know it had to mean a lot to her to have all of you go see it with them. I hope you have an excellent (bee-free) weekend, Meag! Sounds like we are firming up plans for Sept. I can't wait!

Sarah said...

only one week left...it always goes so fast doesn't it? Glad your wounds are healing and your having a good relaxing day.

Betsy said...

What???!!!! Only one week of summer left??? Ya'll must start back REALLY early! Bless your heart! That would put me in a sappy mood, too! :)

For some reason I didn't know that you were a teacher like me!! What grade do you teach? You are so sweet, I know your students must love you to death!

I'm glad all your bees are gone. I have let everyone I know read your blog about that bee experience. Oh my goodness...that one takes the cake!

Enjoy your last week of summer. I will be praying for you as you start back. I hope this will be an AWESOME year for you!!