Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Another recipe

I just thought I would pop on here and post a recipe that I tried tonight and enjoyed! I got it from Robin Miller's show on the food network! She called them Baked Ricotta Bowls... but I decided I like calling them Ricotta Cups better because "Ricotta Bowls" quite frankly sounded too much like "Ricotta Balls" and I didn't like the way THAT sounded at all! SO.... here is the recipe for Ricotta "CUPS" :-)

Preheat an oven to 375 while you cook up a couple chicken breasts in a skillet.

In a bowl mix up a cup of ricotta, 1/2 a cup of shredded cheddar, 1/4 cup parmesan, 2 eggs, 2 tbs dijon mustard, salt and pepper. When the chicken is done, cut it into small pieces or shred it and add it to the mixture.

I placed the mixture in pre-made mini pie crusts from the frozen food section. Robin Miller used refrigerated pie crust and pushed the dough into muffin cups - I figure you get about the same result ether way and my way was faster and I didn't have to dirty a muffin pan! :-)

At any rate, you fill up the cups (it makes 8), top with a sprinkle of parmesan, and bake for 20 min.

It was SUPER quick, SUPER easy and SUPER good! I was impressed with the recipe... it will certainly be added to my favorite quick meals list!

5 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Sounds like another fabulous one for one of our game nights!

Leigh Ann said...

I love Robin Miller! That sounds delicious and easy...my kind of recipe. Thanks for posting it!

Lauren said...

Sounds great! I love how you always find the most creative but easiest recipes.

Betsy said...

Yum!! I love getting new recipes and will definitely be trying this one!! :)

Betsy said...

Check out my blog for a surprise!