Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Rundown

I had a wonderful weekend with a good balance of social and solo time! I love it when weekends work out in such a balanced way!


Friday night I ended up meeting my friend Rondda at Santa Fe to have dinner. I don't know why I don't go there more often, it was good food and a good deal! Rondda (mother of three) was ready for break so we went to my house away from the cooking, cleaning, mothering, and drama of teenage kids to watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! She wanted me to see it so that we could go together to see the sequel. Have you seen that movie? It's really cute!

I slept late Saturday which made me drop my plans to go to an antique store in Woodbury, but I did manage to meet my friends Donnie and Julie for lunch at Olive Garden. It might be my last trip there... the food is good, but all three times I have been there the service was horrid! It's like the poor kids working there have no clue what they are doing! I was very patient, but it was difficult to say the least! For the rest of the afternoon hours I relaxed and enjoyed being at home.

Saturday night was 80's themed Bunko night! It was so much fun and I can't wait to post pictures (Mom's mailing my cord this week so I'll be way overdue for some long picture-y posts!). We had a wonderful time at Bunko and I wanted to share a recipe for these little bacon wrapped wienies they had! They were SO good and sure to be a party hit at my next game night or your next gathering! Perfect for football season (YAY YAY YAY... It's almost time!!!)

Bacon Wrapped Wienies:
Mix the following in a large bowl:
3 cups Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Garlic powder
3 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
2 teaspoons Salt

Wrap cocktail wienies in bacon (My friend uses the hickory smoked and depending on the size, usually cuts the bacon slices into thirds) and secure with a toothpick. Roll each wrapped wienie in the above mixture. Place on a broiler pan (so grease drains) and bake until bacon is done.

They were Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!!!

Today I went to the early service so I could grab lunch and then relax a little before Dawson came to visit! My sweet sweet boy! Lauren dropped him off and as soon as she hit the door he started crying... not a little... A LOT! I tried everything... we rocked, we sat, we laid, we played... we rolled, we got batteries for the vibrating chair - no luck. I tried diaper changes and diaper time, eating, juice, tv, and toys to no avail! Turns out... he just wanted his sweet Mama! I can't blame him, she's a pretty cool chick! I guess he is at the age where separation anxiety kicks in. Bless his little heart! Between cutting teeth, missing Mama, and being stuck with me, he was a mess! Luckily when Lauren finished her work and came back he brightened up and we met David, Web, Moo, and Vance at Red Robin for some friend-time and dinner!

Overall it was a good weekend with a nice balance of fun with friends and quiet home time! How was your weekend?

5 comments:

Betsy said...

I babysat for a friend of mine one night and the same thing happened. The baby cried so much she was sweating! :(

Your weekend sounds perfect! I can't wait till you get your cord so we can see the Bunco pics!

Megan L Hutchings said...

My beautiful Meag! I had so much fun with you Saturday night ;)! I have to say that we were some amazing chaperones!!! I can't wait until our next game night when we can chow down on the little smokies and yum yum dip...DELICIOUS!

We also had a great time at dinner last night ;)! Every moment I get to spend with you guys is FABULOUS!

Leigh Ann said...

That IS my kind of weekend...food and friends! yeah! I think I have had those smokies before and they are very good. I wish we had a Red Robin here. I've heard they have THE best burgers! I can't wait to see all your pictures.

Lauren said...

I'm sorry Mega-Word went mega-nuts on you! At any rate, I knew he was in good hands!

ariel said...

thanks for sharing that recipe... it sounds sooo yummy!!!