Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, July 7, 2008

A long holiday weekend...

For such a long weekend, I managed to take very few pictures, but I will share the ones I did take as I tell you about my extra-long holiday weekend!

I headed out of town Thursday and got to Chattanooga, well Ooltewah, around 1:30 I guess. Mom and I went to Couch's for a late lunch, ran out for little shopping, and then picked up Bentlee! Thursday is always Bentlee day at Grandmommy and Papaw's! When we picked her up she was READY to go and wanted to to directly to Grandmommy's house, but we stopped back by Couch's for desert first! When we go to Grandmommy and Papaw's we played school, of course, with all the Bitty Babies and American Girls! And then took them on a field trip to the "beach." Here is "everybody" at the Bitty Baby Beach Party!



Even thought all the babies had to pretend to swim, Bentlee decided she would swim for real! She cracks me up... her little lip was quivering, but she swore she was not cold!


Thursday night when Sarah came to pick Bentlee up to go to Collegedale to watch the fireworks' show (they do theirs on the 3rd) we decided instead of meeting them there we would just all ride together!


Bentlee, never one to perform on command, said the Pledge of Allegiance and sang "Take Me Out To The Ball Park" for us as we waited for the fireworks!


Here are Bentlee and Sarah waiting for Ken to arrive after work! We played the color game (I spy) a lot - she is REALLY good at it and never cheats. Seriously, you don't even have to pick easy stuff for her... she held her own playing with the adults!
Here are "Grandmommy an Papaw" waiting for the fireworks to start! Papaw walked to Domino's and got us a pizza fresh from the oven because we were hungry!!!

I managed to get through the actual 4th with almost no pictures at all... just a few of Bentlee playing with her friend Landon. It was a great day. Ken, Sarah, and Bentlee came over in the early afternoon and we hung out at the pool, sunning and swimming. Then about 4:30 Mom, Sarah, and I went in to start preparing food. Before we knew it everyone was arriving! Mostly it was Aunts, uncles, and cousins from both mom's side and dad's side! My grandparents came and a friend of Ken's and his little boy who is Bentlee's age! We had badminton, corn hole, horseshoes, swimming, and all kind of activities to go along with our BIG spread of hamburgers, hot dogs, sides, and homemade ice cream! Then we had a REALLY BIG AND FABULOUS fireworks show that my brother, Dink, and my Daddy put on! It was a GREAT 4th!!!

The 5th was very productive for me and mom with sunning by the pool , a mid-morning nap, and pedicures! Then I headed back to the 'boro!

And finally, I ended my weekend with a girlz night in honor of La's birthday! We had pina coladas, pizza, cherry coke, oreos, peanut butter M&Ms, and white cheddar popcorn while we talked, laughed, and started season one of Sex and the City!



What an action packed, all around, great weekend! I hope yours was just as grand!

7 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a fabulous weekend! I am telling you that we are anxiously awaiting our chance to visit your familia!!!

Sunday night was a blast!!!! I am starting to wonder about all of the crazy pics you are posting of me =)!

Lauren said...

HILARIOUS! I had so much fun!

Rachel Wheat said...

Hey Meagan! Thanks for checking out my blog! I just read some of your older posts to "catch up" and I too just read "Change of Heart" (birthday gift from my BFF/Older Bro, Trever)and I loved it! Love the pic of all the "babies" in the pool. Hysterical! Vist me anytime, and thanks for the invite to your blog!

Rachel Wheat said...

I just realized that the "Bring the Rain" blog was linked as one of your faves, and I just read the whole story for the first time a few days ago. I sobbed till I thought I'd short out my keyboard, but I felt so uplifted after finishing it. That is one strong woman!

Betsy said...

Sounds like a busy and fun July 4th! I love the American Girl doll beach! So cute!

And your birthday night with Lauren sounds great, too, with your best buds!

Leigh Ann said...

What a great time with your fam! That Bentlee is so cute with her little beach party. I can't wait for EG to want to play school! Of course, it looks like you girls had a great time celebrating La's birthday. Now, that is a menu I can totally be on board with!

Valerie said...

The b'day party was a blast, I'm sure. The menu, however, was, how shall I say, LOADED WITH MY FAVORITES!!! Happy Birthday to Lauren.