Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Beach Bum...

...back in action!

Well, as you probably figured out we ended up not having an Internet connection in our condo at the beach! Therefore I was unable to blog, which was sad because I was all pumped about blogging while I was gone and now I sit here in the sweltering heat of Tennessee without much inspiration! Perhaps that is because the cord that allows me to load my pictures onto my computer is somewhere in Mom's stuff in Chattanooga! :-) It is, so far, the only thing I discovered that I had "forgotten" when I packed up and headed back home! I am just thankful it made it home in her stuff and didn't get left on Tybee! This just means that you have to wait for fun pictures and stories from the beach! Mom is mailing my cable back to me, so sometime this week or next I'll share pictures from the beach!

In the mean time, I have just been catching up on all of your blogs and all of my emails! Great fun!!

I just recently had a friend from "way back" in high school join the blogging world. Ariel and I were practically inseparable in high school. As we moved on to college and then careers we haven't stayed as close as we once were, but we do manage to catch up on email about once a year or so! We will certainly stay in better touch now that she has joined the blogging world. You can click here to check out her page! And from her page I also discovered another great high school friend, Melissa, is on blogger as well! Melissa just added a new addition to her little family, so you can go check out her little princess by clicking on her name!

I will wrap up with a shout out to two of my bestest blogging beauties!!! Please check out Lauren's blog if you get a chance! She did a wonderful post about Leigh Ann's sweet Evan and the Walk for Autism we are helping with in September! It's not too late to get involved, walk, donate, or just pray for a big success! Click "here" to link to our page about "For The Love Of Evan" walk team! My other shout out goes to Evan's mom and a dear friend of mine, Leigh Ann! I am so, so, so proud of her! This past week she spoke at the capital building in Arkansas about Autism and shared Evan's story to help raise awareness and further the cause! I know it took a lot of courage to get up there in front of all of those legislators and others and bear your heart LAH, I am so proud of you!

Stay tuned for beach stores and pictures, they'll be coming soon! In the mean time I am retreating to the coolness of my living room where I will likely park my behind on the couch for a little bit to enjoy some fruit tea and the ceiling fan! Is is so so hot and humid where you are, because here in the 'boro it is quite uncomfortable!!

3 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

My dear, sweet Meag ~ I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME! This past week was not the same with you gone. Next time I believe we will have to squeeze into the suitcase and come along for the ride! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your wonderful trip!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!

Betsy said...

I've missed you Meagan!! I'm glad you had a fun trip & I can't wait to see all the pictures!

It is extremely hot and humid here, too. But I know you are glad to be back home.

Hope you have a GREAT week!! :)

Leigh Ann said...

I'm glad you had fun in Tybee, but Meagan, I am SO glad you are back. I think I may have been having some sort of withdrawals! Ha! I thought about you so much. I cannot wait to see your pictures! I'm so glad you were able to reconnect with some old friends through blogging. That is so fun! I have been able to reconnect with a lot of people plus make friends I could never have dreamed of like you, Moo, and La. Thank you SO much for your shout out and your sweet comments on my blog. It really means the world to me. I can't wait for September. It's getting closer. And, yes, here in AR it HOT as all get out!