Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Good In Bed"

Do you ever have a week where you read all of your friend's blogs faithfully, and want so badly to have a great post, but... nothing? Writers block? Nothing going on? The dreaded, "slow blog week?" It is inevitable during these times that I begin to think that everyone else's blog is much more dynamic than mine, funnier than mine, more interesting than mine! (Don't get worried people, I'm not in a funk, not in a slump, and not trying to be over critical of myself or my poor little blog!) Just being real... some days I think my blog is not quite up to snuff! I also think, however, I don't blog for everyone else - that's just a perk - I blog for myself and to document and as an outlet and to keep in touch and all of those other productive things. So what is your relationship like with your blog?

Okay, change of topic! My weekend! In brief, it's been busy but good. Friday night was Beth's "Mojito Monday" which ironically we ended up having on a Friday! We had Mojito's on her patio with several friends from work - in a word, fun! Saturday night I attended a backyard barbecue at my friend Rebecca's! She and her hubby just adopted their third child, Alex, from Russia! (See her blog "Floyd Family Journey" linked on the right). And today I decided to have a Sofa Service at home and spend my day cleaning and getting ready for my trip... which takes me to my next topic...

...my upcoming week! Tomorrow I will head to Chattanooga so that I can hitch a ride to what is, quite possibly, my favorite place in the world other than my home in Murfreesboro and the home I grew up in! Tybee Island. It used to be one of the best kept secrets ever - largely un-commercialized (is that even a word?) - and I love that about it! A classic, quaint beach town on a little island off the coast of Savannah, GA. In recent years it has been somewhat discovered but is still much less developed than other popular beach vacation destinations like Destin, Panama City, etc. I still get "where is that?!?" occasionally when I mention Tybee and I LOVE that!

I didn't think I would get to go to the beach this summer... just too expensive to travel right now, have a trip planned with the girls to the Spa this fall - saving for that... but then Mom called a week or two ago and told me that her book group was going to the beach, possibly Tybee! I was so excited for her and almost afraid to be hopeful, but I shouldn't have been because, of course, my sweet mom extended the invite! That's how I ended up with this trip on my agenda. I can't tell you how excited I am! Excited to go to Tybee. Excited to get to spend that time with mom in one of our alltime favorite placed, and one where we have lots of fun family memories! And, excited to meet her girlfriends - what I have come to understand, through her, is a very diverse group of women brought together by their enjoyment of reading! They are diverse in age and in personality as well as in their reading choices! The hostess for the month picks the book (everything from memoirs to beachy-girly-books, from seriously deep to light and fluffy!) Some they enjoy, some are enriching, and some they might not care for, but they expose each other to a wide variety of material and experiences and I can't wait to be a part of the whole thing, if only this once!

And this brings me to the title of my post, which undoubtedly is what has kept you hanging in there and reading this far! It's the Title of the book I just finished that was chosen for this month's book group meeting... on Tybee! Here is picture of the cover (there is an alternative cover as well, so if you look for it in stores it might not look exactly like this one)


It sounds, and looks, more provocative than it actually is. Here is the synopsis I gave my sister in an email earlier: It's about a girl's life... she's a size 16 (which really bothers her), is a columnist in Philadelphia, and decides to "take a break" from her 3 year relationship with an unmotivated free-lance writer. He ends up getting space in a magazine (similar to Cosmo) and his column is called "Good In Bed" which is funny to her because she's the only person he's ever been with, and he really wasn't that good - she taught him all he knows... and his first article is entitled "Loving a Larger Woman" and is all about her - she's humiliated and devastated! The story goes from there... I highly recommend it... it pulls you a long and although it is a quick fun read, there is some depth to it as well!

So that's it for today... and probably for a couple of days... although I hope mom will pack her computer and take it with us and hopefully we can pick up some connection at the beach so that I can blog from there!

P.S. Moo and La, I will miss you terribly on Tybee! I am sure my mind with be overrun with memories from last years girls trip... in fact, it already is! I wish so badly that the two of you were coming as well!!!!! I will think of you both, and probably laugh, every single day I am there!!!

7 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

First of all, I LOVE reading your blog and look forward to clicking on your name each and every day! You always say something that makes me laugh. Second, I am so happy (and little jealous) for you that you get to go to a place this so special to you. That sounds SO fun! I hope you have a great, great, great time. I will anxiously await reading all about it and seeing pictures. I know your galz will miss you and I will, too! Have a safe trip and a wonderful time! :) Hugs!

Betsy said...

Meagan-
I LOVE your blog and always look forward to reading it. You know, blogs don't have to be ultra-dynamic or cool to be fun and warm and just like talking to a close friend. That's the best part about blogging to me...just the great friends I have met. And I consider you one of those!!

Have a great time at Tybee!! And thanks for the book tip! :)

Megan L Hutchings said...

I absolutely LOVE the new look! Did you do this on your own? SO IMPRESSIVE!!!!

I commented earlier but it is not here...peew ;(! I am so glad that you came with us on Saturday and let me tell you my evil plans for dirty looks...LOL!

We are going to miss you terribly, but I hope you have a magnificent time. Put your toes in the sand and think of us ;)!

Leigh Ann said...

Meag, I love, love, love your new blog look. It is adorable!

Rachel Wheat said...

Cute new blog decor! I would love to go to Tybee Island! We passed the signs on the way to Hilton Head and I kept trying to grab the wheel from my husband (yes, he looked at me like I was nuts!) and veer off in that direction. I would love to see some pics of it as I have only seen shots from Paula D.'s show. Doesn't she live there? I think my car would have to "accidently" break down in front of her house! At lunch time!

Lauren said...

Try not to get killed by a Kia. And don't you dare get off the tour bus. And make sure your car door isn't ajar. :)

ariel said...

Thanks girl! You were my inspiration! I really enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with you, its been too long! Let me know when you are heading to Chattanooga next and maybe we can meet up there.