Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Prayers needed...

Your prayers are needed and will be very appreciated by two very special men!


Above I am pictured with Chris and Rob Hooper... two of my nearest and dearest friends... these two are in my close circle of friends that I refer too so often... they are more like a family to me! Their father, Harris, was admitted to the hospital last night and through testing today a tumor on his brain was discovered. The doctors say that this is indicative of cancer somewhere else in his body as well! Mr. Hooper is scheduled for surgery in two weeks to remove the tumor and hopefully any other cancerous spots that can be identified. I haven't had the pleasure of personally knowing Mr. Hooper yet, but I have heard countless stories of childhood and adult memories alike. I have seen pictures. And, more importantly, I know his two sons very well and have met his two daughters! This is a very strong, healthy, family man and man of faith and he and his family need prayer throughout this ordeal. Please pray for healing for Harris and for him and his entire family to have peace, patience, strength, and comfort as they travel this new and unexpected road together.


I thank you for joining me in prayer for my dear friends and for their father and entire family. I know your prayers will be felt and will be appreciated!


"His strength is perfect when our strength is gone,
He'll carry us when we cant carry on."
-Steven Crutis Chapman

3 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Let the praying begin!!!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Meag! I found your blog through my friend, Megan. I have to say I just adore her!!! She told me about your trip to TJ Maxx and that the three of you put puzzle pieces up for my little boy, Evan, who has autism. I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing that! It means the world to me! I told Megan I would be remembering your dear friends that are going through such a difficult time. I'll also be back to read your blog! :)
Leigh Ann

Lauren said...

That is a great pic of the three of you. I hope they truly know how much we all love them.