Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Baby Story...

Who doesn't love pictures and stories of new life? I know I do! Today, for whatever reason, I started looking through some older photographs. Many of you know that I LOVE pictures... I like taking pictures, I like looking at pictures, and I don't mind being in pictures either. So I was digging through some old pictures and came across all the pictures of my niece's birthday... and I do mean birth-day! So I thought I would share some with you because I think they are simply beautiful. The pictures speak for themselves, but I will add my two cents in along the way... I'll try to keep it brief (although I am not very good at that).

My brother and sister-in-law got pregnant with their first and only (at this point) child and it was a healthy and happy pregnancy. The doctor informed them it was a boy - this was a doctor well known for interpreting the sex of babies correctly and even told my brother and sister-in-law that if it was a girl he would "buy it back!" Little did we all know. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING was blue and boy and sports. His name was to be "Kenneth Allen Stiner, III" and he would be called "Trey!" They had a pottery-barn sports themed nursery, monogrammed everything, all kinds of boy things... but when delivery day came, Bentlee Marie revealed to us that she was no boy - she was ALL girly girl! Obviously we made a mad rush for all things pink, and wouldn't you know that to this very day pink is her most-very-favorite color! Here is my precious niece's first day with us...

(All photographs featured here were taken by my wonderful mother)
Bentlee's first moment with her mommy.


Ken and Sarah study their new precious baby GIRL!!!
They memorize every curve of their sweet baby's beautiful face!

Bentlee and her Daddy - Love at first sight!

After the shock wore off Ken said, "I guess God just wanted me to have a little girl!"

The day after Bentlee was born was spent trying to come up with the perfect name for their new baby girl! The final choice "Bentlee Marie"

She had a head full of dark hair and looked just like her Daddy!

The day after she was born I rocked Bentlee and she stole a little piece of my heart!

I will post more recent pictures of Bentlee in the coming days - now I am all about digging through these wonderful pictures of the only real princess I know!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

ahhh...the memories.

Lauren said...

You are a wonderful aunt. And I LOVE that picture of Ken holding her. Melts my heart!