Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pass the connoli...

To quote my best friend Lauren, "Buca di Best-O!" My famous crew and I loaded up this past Saturday night and headed to Franklin, TN... destination: Buca di Beppo! This most fabulous Italian restaurant serves up big food and big fun and a fabulous atmosphere! It was a treasured moment being able to see my nearest and dearest in one location. I will let the pictures (and captions) speak for themselves:


Sir plans-a-lot (pictured on the right) and her team!
My two best girls (Lauren and Megan) and myself outside of Buca!
I don't know what I would do without these amazing women in my life! They inspire me every single day.


"The Couple"
Chris (right) and Web (left) with Vance outside Buca!
These two would be the perfect couple if it weren't
for the fact that they are both straight! :-)
They are pictured with Vance who was all about pointing to the statue outside and her various facial features and other body parts!

Lauren and David and their sweet baby Dawson having a big time inside Buca! Dawson is an eater and I just KNOW that he was dying to get his little mouth around some connoli!


Megan, Web, and Vance. What a beautiful family!
If I turn out to be half as great as these people are,
I'll consider my self lucky and blessed!

"Little Man"
What a little stud! He is SO adorable, SO smart,
and SUCH a good little boy!!!

And last, but not least, "Mini-Word"
What a little angel - all smiles these days and holding that head up proud!
This is one proud Aunt! I can't wait to hear him let go
and belly laugh - he is so close!!! What a joy!
Not pictured: Julie and Rob. Don't know how they escaped the camera, but they managed to do it. Donnie was, unfortunately, unable to attend.

See if you have a Buca in your area - well worth the visit! And if you do, I hope you are as blessed as I am in having so many wonderful people to share the experience with!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Mmm, good Italian food and great friends...what could be better than that!!!

This post made me think of my best bud in the whole world...Micah, did you ever meet her?, she just moved back to IN to be close to family and for her husband's job. Sooooooo sad! She loved Buca, but we have never been. Glad you have such great friends to share good times with.

Okay, I'm rambling now...

Lauren said...

This? Is the BEST POST EVER. These pictures and captions are priceless. My fave is the one of the two "lovers" and Vance. I love you!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Ditto everything that La said! YOU are the amazing one my love and we had the best time on Saturday night! My cup overfloweth with love for you!!!!

What about the Pope? Hmmm...