Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

My girlz...

There is cause for celebration... My two bests and I have enjoyed two exciting events this week!


First, was Moo's birthday! Well, her actual birthday was Sunday, but we celebrated girly-girl style on Monday!! We went to one of my favorite restaurants in town, Fuji, a Japanese Steakhouse. It was WONDERFUL and, as always, TONS of food!!! There is no way to "make a happy plate" at Fuji unless you are a professional eater... I know I like to eat, but I haven't reached professional status yet! :-) Anyway, here we are at Fuji having a big time...

Next we went to TJ Maxx at Moo's request. This is not a store I frequent, because I am not fond of digging for deals... I have a hard time with cluttered or unorganized places, I like one rack of all the same item. However, TJ Maxx took on a whole new look with my best girlz at my side! We talked, we laughed, we tried on - then we REALLY laughed... and in the end we all ended up with new cute stuff and big smiles!! Here we are trying on hats - we have vowed to one day go to the Kentucky Derby together, in hats!

Finally, we headed to Target to get some essentials (baby food, soap, etc.) but of course took a detour through clothing and handbags! I picked up this little number - a chocolate brown linen dress - super casual and fun for the summer! I predict this will be a summer of dresses for me, they are light, comfee, easy, and fun!
And after all the eating, and all the shopping, we did gifts in the Target parking lot like any ghetto-fabulous girlz would! It was a wonderful birthday celebration and I enjoyed every second spent with two of my most favorite women!!!
Now, the second cause for celebration... Drum roll please.... we are officially booked for our Girlz Trip 2008!!! As many of you know our First Annual Girlz Trip in 2007 was to Savannah and Tybee Island Georgia! This year's trip?... a sweet spa located in the Smoky Mountains near Bryson City, North Carolina! Here is a picture of the spa where we will spend one picturesque weekend... just looking at it makes me relax a little bit!

I am already down for a European Facial and an "All In One" massage that is a combination of a relaxation massage and a hot stone massage!!! Can you say, "pamper me?!?!" We also get all the yoga we want and breakfast and lunch at the spa! We plan on driving to Ashville for a little shopping and dining as well! I can't wait!!!!
Have you ever been on a special trip of just you and special friends? I would love to hear some good friend-trip destinations... there are lots of future girlz trips to plan after all!

4 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I AM SO EXCITED, I AM SO EXCITED, I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

Reading your post today makes me grin from ear to ear to ear! I cannot wait for October 4th!!!!!!

Leigh Ann said...

I love that dress. Too cute! And, I'm so jealous of that getaway. Sounds fabulous!

Sarah said...

that sounds really fun. I havn't had the pleasure of trips with unrelated friends, but the "girls getaways" with you, Mom, and Jenni are so much fun. I hope we can do another one one day like we used to. Jackson and Murfreesboro are so fun to go to.

Rosie said...

I love reading your posts! YOu are too funny..."ghetto in the target parking lot"...lol!

I have never done a girls trip, but I think I am feeling a twinge of jealousy seeing how there's no way in the world I could even do one in the near future!

Hope you have a blast. And the shopping excursion looks so fun. You girls seem to really have a wonderful relationship. I love best friends!