Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Food for thought...

I just wanted to share a couple of the yummy meals I have treated myself to this week. First, one of my favorites, was breakfast for dinner! I too often forget how easy it is to make breakfast - quick, always have the ingredients on hand, and sooooo good! So earlier this week when I was too pooped to go to the store and my tummy was grumbling for some good grub, I decided on breakfast for dinner! I didn't have the makings for pancakes, so I settled on french toast - YUMO! I had a very satisfying "dinner" of french toast, eggs, and bacon! It doesn't get much better than that!
Then tonight... Again, hungry and not really feeling a trip to Kroger, I headed to the cabinet for some inspiration! At first I thought about a BLT (one of my all time favorite sandwiches) but my bread was less than fresh. So with the makings of a BLT (bacon and fresh beautiful tomato), I figured I would get a little creative and shoot for "BLT" pasta! I had spinach Fettuccine in the pantry which I cooked up quick, threw on a couple spoon fulls of a jar of Alfredo sauce I had in the pantry as well and topped it off with some crumbled bacon, fresh diced tomato and Parmesan cheese! It was just the dinner for today and one I will make again, I am sure!
So I ask tonight for you to share... what are some of your old stand bys and some of your new creations when the grocery store seems less than inviting and the tummy is growling?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Rice, eggs, onion, a little salt, some soy sauce...and oila..a little stir fry! I also add whatever on-the-verge-of-being-a-science-project vegetable I have. It's pretty yummy!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am extremely inspired by your love of cooking! When we seem to not have "anything" we always settle on soup and grilled cheese!

Sarah said...

Here's a stretch, but we were hungry enought that it was good, and when the grocery store is 60 miles away....
2 cans chicken broth and one can Tyson canned chicken with 1/2 the juice heated in a pot. Used the recipe for dumplings on the buisquick box, and dropped them in. For two starving people who spent the day chasing sheep and cows, it was delictable!