Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, April 7, 2008

3 About Me!

I thought I would write a post about myself today… So here are three VERY random things about me!

1. Although I am an extremely social person with a busy calendar and always open to guests in my home and to going out… I also enjoy spending time with myself. I go out to eat by myself on occasion. I like spending time at home alone. I absolutely LOVE going to movies by myself – a lot of times even prefer it. There is something special and comforting about snuggling down in a dark theater with a big sprite and a buttery oh-so-bad-for-me popcorn! I value so much that I know myself and know myself well. There is something to be said for not only being in touch with who you are, but embracing yourself! I think many people go through life too fast or settle into an existence too quickly and fail to reach the point where they truly develop themselves and a relationship with themselves independent of any other factor, save God.

2. This one is less profound than the first one, but something most of you probably don’t know. I love looking in catalogues at all kinds of things, but it is extremely rare that I actually purchase anything from a catalogue. I have a hard time buying something that I can’t see in person. You would think that would diminish the fun of looking through catalogues… but strangely it doesn’t. Some of my favorites: Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Hammacher Schlemmer, and Uncommon Goods.

3. I love recipes. I love to look at cookbooks and magazines and watch food network and collect recipes. I love, love, love to cook! I like creating my own recipes and even when I use a recipe that I have picked up somewhere from a book or a show, I rarely follow it exactly. (This is why I am not such a great baker!) Some of my favorite recipe sources: Church Cookbooks (they always seem to be the best), allrecipes.com (if you have never been there and like to cook, you should go!), Food Network (of course), and my personal favorite… friends and family! A fun source you might also look into is “Food and Family” magazine by Kraft. You can get it free (sign up on the website I think), they send one out each season, and it is filled with fun, easy, and usually seasonal recipes.

Well, there you have it. Three very random facts about me! I would love to learn three random and insightful things about you too! So if you are having a slow blog day, or want to email or comment, share some things about yourself!

P.S. My Mama’s Doggie (Tuffy) and My sister (Sarah) have both started blogs… you can link to them from this page! Check them out!

3 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I loved reading your three random, insightful comments! Catalogues heh...I never knew =)!

Sarah said...

Hey
I knew the second two about you, but I like what you said for #1. Very Important. I had no idea you went to movies by yourself. Very brave of you. I never had the gumption to go to a resteraunt alone, except if you count the coffee shop.

Rosie said...

Hmmm...3 about me...

1. I have been totally obsessed lately with making notecards and scrapbooking. I think I have spent a small fortune at HobbyLobby and Stampin' Up. I never would have thought this would have been something I would enjoy, but I really love it!

2. Sometimes I wonder if being a stay at home mom is for me. I love being a mother, but I get so stir crazy. Adam and I have talked about me getting a teaching job when the kids are older and in school. Just to get some social interaction!

3. I don't know how to go on a diet! I really need to lose this baby weight, but don't know how to get started. Yikes. You know what I had for lunch though, a cheeseburger and leftover spaghetti. You can tell I am really worried about it =).

Okay, those are pretty random. That was fun though. And yeah, you are so brave to go to a movie by yourself!