Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Daddy...

...the best man I know.

Spending a little time on a post about my Mom and her garden made me run across a picture of her greenhouse. This is no ordinary greenhouse, but one very special greenhouse, designed and built by my incredibly talented dad out of antique windows!

I mean really... I know it's a greenhouse, but it is beautiful! My Daddy built their home (the one I grew up in - which was amazing) and my brother's home (which is also beautiful) and has had countless other building projects through the years. The funny thing is, that isn't what my dad does for living, that is just what he does for fun and for the people he loves!

There aren't many words that do my father justice, but a couple come to mind. My Daddy is patient and kind. He is also incredibly smart! He can fix anything! Basically... he's the stuff that hero's are made of!

He loves my Mama in a way that taught me what love is... not always smooth around the edges, but worth it. She has said many times that he is her hero and I know that he feels just as passionately about her!

He has a deep commitment to family and a love for his children (all three of us) that is visible and tangible and wonderful.

(My brother, Ken, and Daddy)

My Dad is an example and a hero and the best man I know.



2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Okay, SERIOUSLY???? That Greenhouse is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Your dad is such a kind man...much like you!

Lauren said...

Ok, really? I got to the third sentence and started crying. The one thing you didn't mention is that your dad is HYSTERICAL. Need I remind you of any of the sly comments we heard on our Outer Banks trip?! My papaw thought the world of your dad, and he always would talk about how down-to-earth he is. Like Moo said, you've inherited many wonderful qualities from your daddy.