Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Green Thumbs (Part 2)

Simply put, my mama has one!

If you read my previous post, you heard a little about my mom's passion and ability to garden! It is amazing! My mom, in general, is amazing! But today my focus is her gardening-amazingness!

Here is a picture of my mom so you'll know who I am talking about... actually it's a picture of my sister, Sarah, my mom, and myself at my Aunt's house:

And while I am at it, here is a picture of my Aunt (whose house we were at in the picture above):

Her name is Jenni... she and her husband Greg live near Jackson, Mississippi. She is fabulous and fun and who I credit for introducing me to my love of wine and many other things along the way!

So back to gardening... my mom is the best! She has everything from roses to raspberries and everything seems to flourish with her touch! In the summer (or any pretty day for that matter) you can find her somewhere gardening, whether it's her potted plants by the pool, the landscaping around the house, her actual garden, or fun random places around the barn and yard where she creates beautiful arrangements of plants and flowers!

Here is one of her many many many different varieties of roses! They are SO beautiful, some small and some huge - all wonderful!

Here is the entrance to her garden. I have countless memories of walking down to and through the garden throughout my childhood. It is where she could always be found when you couldn't find her anywhere else. Sometimes I sought her out to find out what was for dinner, sometimes to settle an argument between me and one of my siblings, but a lot of times, especially as I got older, just to walk through the garden and see what she had going on down there. Plucking raspberries or muscadines and watching little bunnies and birds make themselves at home in a little piece of paradise!

So Mama, thank you for your gardening. And although I might not have inherited your green thumb... I might just develop it one of these days. I cherish all my memories of you and your garden and plants. I appreciate your encouragement and many times help in my gardening attempts. And I credit you with my love for plants, gardening, and all things beautiful outside!

3 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

How Sweet! Your mom definitely has a wonderful talent!

Lauren said...

Tear! That picture of her garden looks like something out of a magazine! I remember going with you to walk in the garden and feed the chickens. And jump on the trampoline. And I always thought it was cool that your mom had a hat she always wore to garden in.

Rosie said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom! I love the entrance and the arbor and everything about those pictures. It looks like the opening to "the Secret Garden" or something. Just beautiful. My mom can make anything grow, as well. I'm like you, maybe I'll inherit the talent one day...maybe =).