Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yard Work Success...

...sort of!

So today I headed home from work with big plans! This week the weather has been WONDERFUL and I was ready to get some major yard work done and clean things up for fall! First on my agenda was mowing, then cleaning up the back patio, and then the dreaded weed-eating!

Many of you know that I don't have a lot of success with yard work... there always tends to be some drama or catastrophe (ya know, the usual... hitting something with the lawn mower, flat tire, 21 bee stings, lol), so I quite literally prayed this morning that things would go smoothly!

Mowing went off without a hitch - yay! I do think my mower blades need to be sharpened, but that's the least of my worries! With the yard freshly cut, I set out to clean up the back patio... I wanted to straighten up and put away some flower pots (I don't know why I ever put them out there, I ended up not planting anything in them this year!).


Here is the back yard/patio in the works... it's looking much better than it did before today! :-) And notice, my fire pit is ready for fall... I can't wait!!!!

Next I decided to take on weed-eating! It took a lot of bravery, but I started the darn thing up and gave it a go. I only got as far as the patio area and a few areas of the back yard. At that point, quite frankly, I realized I hadn't had anything bad happen and decided to not press my luck! I was hot and tired and the weed eater wears on my arm muscles (I use the word muscles loosely, ha!) and I decided that was enough today.


Here are thee weeds by my front mailbox that I refuse to weed-eat because I am still afraid of the bees! I really thought I would do it today... I watched and didn't see any bees coming or going and my neighbor already weed-eated the other side and obviously didn't get stung... but I just couldn't muster the courage yet!

The only tragedy of the day doesn't involve something I did, thankfully, but it did really make me sad! I have four beautiful maple trees in my front yard! I am so ready for fall and have been looking forward to them being big and beautiful with all the fall colors. They were little bitty trees when I first moved in and now they have grown to be these beautiful "big" maples...


This is what two of them still look like. Unfortunately the power company decided the other two were too close to the power lines! Look what they did to my beautiful trees!!!!!!!

I was so sad! They were so beautiful and full. They just cut them right in half... they'll never look the same!

On a lighter note, I am really enoying the fall-like weather... it's cooler and there is a breeze and look how bright and clear blue the sky is! Mmmm... I cant' wait for fall to be here in full!!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I'm so sorry the tree nazi's visited your yard! Thats aweful. They should have just cut them down all the way! It would have been less embarassing for them!
The yard looks nice!

ariel said...

I really like your backyard! So open! Lots of room to play! :) Sorry about your trees. Looks like they were gorgeous.. now they look sad. :( Hopefully I'll get to see your yard sometime soon!

Megan L Hutchings said...

It is 9:30 at night and Web and I are reading your blog together ;)!

The yard looks absolutely wonderful! We are so proud of you for all the hard work you have been doing! I can't wait to come Sunday and let Vance play in your backyard ;).

We are so sad about your trees!

Leigh Ann said...

If we lived in M'boro, Derek would come and weed eat by your mail box! I don't blame you one bit for being a little timid after those bee stings!

Love, love, love the fire pit. That screams FALL.

What in the world? I have never seen a tree cut in half like that. They were SOOOO beautiful. I can't believe they had to do that. It makes me sad, too.

Betsy said...

I can't believe they did that to your trees!!! What on earth??? I am sorry!

But your yard looks great! I have a fire pit, too, and can't wait to use it. :)

Lindsay said...

Dude! You have a football field in your backyard! It's beautiful! And please tell me you didn't have to PUSH mow that sucker?! Yoi. Oh, and I'm so coming over for some smores in that fire pit :-)