Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Lucky Day!

Thursday I was on my way home after Open House at school and running on "E." I had not heard that everyone was scrambling for gas, but all the gas stations seemed overly crowded for that time of evening, so I coasted on through town to the "little" gas station across from my subdivision that I like to use! I pulled up to the pump and put my card in to pre-pay, but all the screen did was flicker on and off the words "insert cash." Odd. You can't insert cash into a gas pump... hm... okay. So I go in and ask the lady if the pump is not working. She looks at the computer, says "it's clear" and asks me to try again. I go out, slide in my card, and now the screen is blank. I figure, maybe it read the card, I'll see if it will pump (you know, pumps these days WON'T pump if you haven't put in a card or pre-payed!). Thankfully the pump began running just fine. Wanting to make certain that I actually HAD paid for my gas I went back into the station and asked the clerk to make sure that the pump had read my card. She replied that no card had been inserted and the pump was off. I told her it was pumping and she came outside to see because the computer said it wasn't pumping at all! After I filled up (just shy of $50), we went back into the station and she told me the machine said, $0.00. WOW? "I guess it's my lucky day," I say jokingly. And she says cheerfully, "seriously, there is nothing I can do about it! It IS your lucky day!" I asked if she was sure, and she told me to have a great night! That's right folks... in the mad scramble for gas, I filled up FOR FREE!!!! :-) I was so excited - stuff like that never happens to me! Thank you Lord for unexpected blessings!!!


ariel said...

wow Meag.. thats awesome! CONGRATS! I couldnt find gas anywhere Friday night and had to fill up for 3.95 on Saturday. What a ridiculous situation going on right now!

Leigh Ann said...

Like I said, that would NEVER happen to me! You deserve a lucky day as wonderful as you are!

Lindsay said...

Wow! And you didn't even have to feel guilty about it! Free gas....who would have thought we'd ever get excited about that?!