Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bunko and Bowling and Buddies, OH MY!

Well, it was another busy and wonderful weekend for me! Here's the recap...

Friday night was my first night in a new Bunko group (I am now in two!)! We had such a fun time! The group is made up entirely of women who work (or have worked) at my school! It was great to socialize with friends from work and catch up with some others who have moved to different schools!

Here we all are (except Beth who had to leave a few minutes early) on Paige's steps! Paige did a great job hosting with YUMMY food and great bunko prizes. I didn't get a prize this time, but I had a great time!!

Saturday I was up early to beat the crowd to Wal-Mart! The last couple of months I have really tried to be organized with my coupon clipping and grocery shopping and last month it paid off! I went grocery shopping for the month! I am really bad to run to the store every few days to get food for the week. No more! Now I am shopping for the month and I really like it and think it is saving me money doing it all at once!



Saturday afternoon I got together with my galz to go to "Bowling to Build." This was another Junior League fundraiser that the new member class did to benefit Habitat for Humanity! It was a great success!


Here are La, Me, and Moo at Bowling to Build! We didn't actually bowl, but we enjoyed our time visiting with everyone and pitching in when and where we were needed... which was very little because the girls did a GREAT job organizing and running everything!

Here is Moo with the recipients of the home that we raised funds for!

I waited to Sunday all weekend! I had planned a Sunday lunch of slow-cooker barbecue (that cooked all night Saturday night - YUMO), loaded smashed potatoes, and baked beans! I spent the day eating lunch, watching football and golf, and just enjoying the company of some of my nearest and absolute dearests!!!!!

Here are Megan and Web snuggling up for a picture! What great people...I am just honored to call them my friends and consider them part of my family!

Here are two more of my bests! Chris and his namesake Vance snuggled up on the couch!!! The picture below shows them playing - they had a big time together!!

Here I am with little man! He is such a good boy! He took a 2 hour nap!!! Then he got up and played and went outside... he had a big day at Aunt Meag's!

And finally, here are Moo and Vance in the back yard! They went on quite a walk!!! I love this picture - so sweet! He LOVES his Mama... just precious!

All in all the weekend was wonderful... it has started to feel like fall! The weather, the football, the friends! Tomorrow is the first day of Autumn and I can't wait!

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I think I should follow you in shopping for the month. I swear I'm at Kroger every other day!

Love the pic of you, La, and Moo. Y'all look so pretty. Awww, it makes me miss y'all SOOO much!

Now, why wouldn't Vance hug me like that! He must love Chris. I agree...that Vance is nuts over his Mama! It is soooo sweet.

Derek just walked in and said, "They must do something fun together every weekend." You guys are so blessed to have each other! I do so wish we lived closer.

Lindsay said...

Once again - you've got awesome friends and I am really jealous. And really - can you volunteer for ANYTHING else?! You rock!

Megan L Hutchings said...

These pictures made me a little teary-eyed ;)!!!!

Web, Vance, and I had so much fun yesterday. The food was absolutely delicious but the company was the BEST! There is nothing better than watching football with the ones you love the most. I can't wait to see all of those pics you took of Vance ;).

Saturday was a blast too! Thank you for supporting me and Habitat ;).

YAY FOR FALL!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the reminder of Fall. I had forgotten and I'm usually the first to point it out. Looks like a lot of fun. I wish we had a group of friends like that. Is Bunco hard to play? Maybe when I'm living in Shepherd, I can join a group of meet some people and start a group. We're supposed to close on the house next Monday.