Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Whew!

What a bad blogger I have been, huh?


You can certainly tell that school is back in full swing! I have been so incredibly busy I feel like I am running a marathon that never ends! It's not that school necessarily keeps me THIS busy, but all my other stuff keeps me busy and school on top of all that... well... lets just say it again... Whew! Between being teacher, team leader, teacher to my student teacher, going to games with my cheerleaders, and then add my regular friend activities, family activities, Junior League stuff, and, well, life... I have been the best kind of busy and it has interfered with my blogging routine! Ha!


The GOOD thing is that I am busy doing all of the things that I love and I am so thankful for my job and the oportunities that I have! I am thankful that I have so many dear friends and that we are dedicated enough to one another to make time for each other even when life is hectic. I am thankful that I have a family that I dearly love and WANT to travel to visit with (which I have done twice in as many weeks - it has been wonderful!!!!). In short, all the more busy I am, all the more thankful I am. It means that I HAVE a job, have friends, have family, and that is something that is too often taken for granted!


This weekend was no exception to the busy-talk, but it was absolutely wonderful! Let me share why!


Friday was spend with some friends from work at our weekly post-work "meeting" to hash out funny stories and frustrations of the week.


Saturday I slept in and I think it threw me off! I went to run errands and it was borderline comical (and frustrating)! I left the house three times before I got it right... I had to go back home to get my camera card (the reason I was going out), I had to go back to get my wallet (always useful when you plan to drive, pay for things, and gain entrance to Sam's), it was just like that all day long! Ha! In all my running around I managed to grab another Christmas gift (I would say I am a good 1/3 done with my shopping - Yay for me!!!!! I love the holidays and love starting early so I don't go broke come December... I am all about gifting!).


Saturday night was THE BEST! It was finally girls night and LONG overdue! David kept Dawson down stairs while Me, Moo, and La had girls night upstairs. We snacked, watched football, and planned for the Autism walk this Saturday and for our Girls trip next month!!!!!


Here is Big D and Little D after bath time!!! How cute and cuddly!!!!

Here are Moo and La working on the posters for the walk Saturday! We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited that words cannot express! Leigh Ann and Derek (See Horton's Happenings on my blog roll) will be coming to the 'boro to participate in the walk and do some major visiting!!!!


We made lots of fun and beautiful signs for Evan's walk team to sport! Here is the one that I made! (I have about as much artistic talent as tree bark, so I thought this turned out pretty good!)


After Saturday, you would think my weekend would have settled down for a quiet Sunday! Fortunately for me, the fun just kept on coming! I got up early Sunday and hit the road to Chattanooga to celebrate my Daddy's birthday!!!!!! That's right folks, my dad is now officially old enough to be in AARP! lol. He turned 55 today, but we celebrated yesterday!

Here is a picture of my handsome Dad!!!! I meant to get a picture of Mom and Dad Sunday, but I never got around to it with all the fun going on (This picture was taken last Memorial day)! We went to Dad's favorite (and traditional Sunday) lunch spot - Anchor's Deli. Then home for mom's German chocolate coconut fudge birthday cake (YUMO) and gifts! Dad got a Wii from Mom - how cool is that! We played ALL day - it was SO fun!!!! Dad and I played 9 holes of Wii golf and I beat him by one stroke. I can't brag too much though because he totally kicks my rear end in tennis!!

I did snag a picture of Ken and Sarah (my sis-in-law and brother) relaxing on the couch during the opening of the gifts! Ken's birthday is a week from today and I went ahead and gave him his gift while I was in town! He's turning 30!!!!! :-)

Here I am doing a self portrait of Bentlee and myself. It cracks me up because she has the "cheese" face she makes when you get out the camera! A little fake smile.... I did the same thing when I was little and it drove my Mom crazy! How sad is it that my four year old niece has a better tan than me???
Well, that was my weekend (in a VERY LARGE nut shell, lol). I hope the update was not too long... if you hung in there and kept reading this far, thank you! Hope you all have a great week! I hope to post more often (and shorter) as things settle into a routine!

8 comments:

Rosie said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy. I can't keep up with all your school activities, let alone everything else you've got going. But, I do know what you mean about having all these wonderful things to keep us busy. Life would be so empty otherwise! Your neice is georgeous. That little fake smile is hilarious. Claire has one, too. It drives me CRAZY!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Even though things have been busy, in just a few short weeks we will be RELAXING in NC...YAY!

I am so glad you had a GREAT weekend and that I got some qt with you and La on Saturday night. The things we talk about...if people only knew! LOL!

Bentlee is too cute and I am so proud of her for getting her vest! You look great in that blue!

Leigh Ann said...

Hi, Meag. I can totally relate. I have NOT been blogging like I was. I think this school routine has totally thrown off my schedule! I just THOUGHT I was busy before school started. WHEW is right!

Thanks for the reminder about how blessed we are to have friends and family and how important it is to carve in time to see them. I CANNOT wait to see you Saturday! OMG!

I totally got all teary when I saw the posters. I think you did a FANTASTIC job and I will be so proud to show them off at the walk!

Bentlee is so stinkin' cute and I would LOVE to have that tan!!!

Love you!

Betsy said...

You are just like me...running like crazy 24/7!! Lots of us bloggers are in the same busy boat right now!

It looks like you had a fun weekend, though! I love your poster for Evan. I can't wait to hear all about your walk!

Have a great week, Meag!

Sarah said...

busy busy...I hate that I missed Dad's birthday shindig...can't be helped though. B's tan is, as always, much better than any of ours. Looks like she even outdid her parents, the tan queen and king, this time. Well, take heart, cause YOUR tan is better than mine. So at least you out-tanned someone!

Lauren said...

Bentlee looks like a model!

Love the pic of your dad and Ken and Sarah...

Can't wait for Saturday!

ariel said...

And I thought I was busy.. Sounds like you have a blast though and that's great! Hopefully we can pencil each other in soon. I'd be willing to make the trip to Nashville.. I have been promising Kristin for a long time that I would come visit so maybe one weekend soon! Let me know when you have somewhat of a free weekend!

And I am really proud of your artwork! You've always thought you weren't creative but I have a million notes/pictures/memories/your scrapbook that prove otherwise!

I miss you so!

Lindsay said...

Okay - that's it...you can't have kids because you're busy enough with them! Geesh girl, slow down, you're making ME tired.