Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

I won!

I have now titled a picture for a blogging beauty! Check out Lindsay's blog to see the photo. Ironically the photo is of... wait for it... a bumblebee! That's right! And the title, "Non-Flight of the Bumblebee." Original, huh? Seriously, given my recent experience, it was meant to be! lol.

Now, onto my weekend recap... I'll keep it short and sweet, I didn't take any pictures this weekend (so far, lol).

Friday: Work - yay I survived the first week! Home for a power nap - I was feeling a little drained, like I might be fighting off a bug. To Beth's to join some fellow teachers to unwind and celebrate Paige's birthday. Very fun, very relaxing!

Saturday: Hop out of bed, immediately get back in bed... realize I don't feel 100% but convince myself to power through, it's just your imagination. Get up the second time and start the morning routine - gotta be ready to go to Rachel's Southern Living Home party with Moo and La - so excited. Shower, do hair, drink some pineapple juice and promptly see it again... literally... back up, still cold. Nice. This is classic, really, considering it's the first week of school. My sweet-precious students tend to share everything - especially their germs! Apparently I should have used the Germ-X more than the 5,427 times that I am sure I used it this week! Cancel party, cancel everything, back to bed for me... I don't do sick.

Sunday: A new woman. I slept A LOT yesterday and after stomach funk all day (less and less as the day went on, I think the sleep and my body really fought it off) I am feeling much better today!! I finally ate last night and I have a lot more energy today and really feel like I wasn't even ever sick - odd, but I'm not complaining!

7 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better ;)! I missed you tremendously this weekend!!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh - our weekends sound earily similar! But I actually got up and went to the lake with the fam....still fairly certain I have strep, but when you have kids, you don't get those days off - so I'm glad you got enough sleep for me too!! LOL.

Okay - so I obviously had the header the right size at one point, but for the life of me can't figure it out again. Also - I went and created a headed on scrapblog, but can you tell me how I use it as my header now?? Seriously, I consider myself to be somewhat tech savvy, but I'm beginning to wonder!!

Oh - and are you talking about Rachels as in World of Wheat Rachel? I'm so jealous you guys live by each other.

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so glad you are better. Maybe you were just worn out from the first week back! Tell those chitlins to keep their germs to themselves!

Lindsay said...

You're IT! Sorry, but I HAD to tag you! Hop on over to my place to find your assignment.....and could you tell me how on earth to get stuff from scrapblog onto my header? I don't see a way to save it on my computer.

Lindsay said...

I'm happy to entertain you! :-) LOL.

Did you see - I FIGURED OUT HOW TO ADD THE HEADER! Thanks for the scrapblog site -it's awesome!

Lindsay said...

perhaps I should make it a habit to read ALL comments before I have to go and take up all your comment room with multiple comments! :-)

I got the background (free) from simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com - there are a lot...so needless to say I'll be changing mine quite often. :-) It's SO darn addicting! And now that I know how to use scrapblog, I'm SO in trouble!

Lauren said...

We missed you but I'm glad you're feeling better! Love the part about the juice still being cold!