Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Out with the old...

Okay, so not really out with the old. I can't bear to part with the old (my N60)... you know, one of those cameras that still actually takes film? I saved up to by it "a few" years ago when I was, ahem, a Junior at good 'ole Ooltewah High School! I have loved that camera through the years and it has served me well. It is a very nice camera and still a lot of fun to play with. It's always good to look back before you move forward... so before I begin posting pictures taken with my brand new, fabulous D40 (yay for the convenience of digital with all the bells and whistles of my N60) I thought I would show you just a couple (because that is all I could find already uploaded) pictures taken for fun with my N60.

This was of a Church in Mississippi... I just love the white church with the blue sky!

This was taken in my Mom's garden. I just like the angle and the way it turned out!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE the contrast b/w the colors - awesome! I use FREE editing sites:

Picasa & Picnik

Picnik has more options, but you have to upload photos one at a time and it doesn't store them for you. Picasa you don't have to be online to use....what do you use??

I REALLY want a new camera and software, and have been talking to Laura at Stepping Out of the Boat about it cuz she just got new stuff and loves it. I think that would motivate me to try new stuff.

Sarah said...

the church picture is neat, and of course the flowers are nostagic because of mom's garden

Cindy J. said...

Alright now it is clear to me that all of Will's photography talent comes squarely from the Sullivan side of the family. You and your sister are so good at this! Photography is like, the one visual art that I am AWFUL at. I am excited about this new blog, keep up the good work.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am loving the picture of the church! GORGEOUS!!!