Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Feeling Beachy... Part I


I thought I would share some of my pictures from the beach with you today, because quite frankly, and to quote a shirt of Bentlee's, "I'm Feeling Beachy!"


As stated in previous posts, Tybee Island, GA is perhaps my favorite place on earth other than my home here and my childhood home. For one, it holds many memories from childhood vacations. It also, however, is just a little slice of heaven if you like low key, laid back, Atlantic coast line! Mmmmm. The Island is small, not very commercial, sports only one traffic light on the "main drag" (if you can even call it that), has a *tiny* IGA market, one fast food place, a couple local seafood joints, a sprinkling of hotels and a couple small condo buildings and lots of little beach homes. It is just what I envision as a classic, quaint beach town.


Here is the view from the balcony of our condo. This is in the middle of the day in the middle of July... so few people! That is what I love about Tybee! Compared to so many other crowded beaches, this is about as close as you can get to having it all to yourself!



I was impressed with my little camera for this shot! While we were there, we enjoyed a full moon over the ocean! I had hoped for some sunrise pictures, but never made it up for that... this great picture of the moon reflecting in the ocean made up for it!



Here is a picture of my beautiful Mom! I love the color of the sky in this picture - so bright in shades of teal and blue and almost purple! This particular evening the girls we were with wanted to load up and head to Savannah for dinner and some shopping. Mom and I were in much more of a low key, chill mode and have both "done" Savannah several times. So instead we opted to stay on Tybee... we enjoyed some time reading and talking on the balcony, headed down to the beach front restaurant attached to our condo for some killer crab quesadillas and then walked down to the beach for a couple of pictures! It was a relaxing evening and wonderful just to be in each other's company!


And last, but not least, a picture of Me and Mom at the Crab Shack. We had THE BEST food while we were gone! Every meal was "my favorite." I think I ate my weights worth in crab and shrimp and threw in some scallops and fish on the side! :-) By the time we headed home I think we were all ready for Mexican, Pizza, or Steak... anything but seafood! lol.


Stay tuned for "Feeling Beachy... Part II" where I'll fill you in on my top ten must do's when visiting Tybee Island!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE the picture of your mom on the sand dune. LOVE the pic of the moon over the ocean. NOT LOVIN' the fact that me and Moo weren't there with you! :(

Lindsay said...

I'm SO loving your music on here....listening while I work! :-) Thanks!

Rachel Wheat said...

Hey! Yes, I can get to your blog, it is the other Megan's I can't get to and I feel terrible b/c she leaves me comments, but I can't leave her any! :( Cute beach pics!

MELDUST said...

Great post! I'm feeling beachy too and wanting to feel the sand between my toes!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Great pics Meag! I especially love the one of the full moon ;). How it makes me want to go back...2010 Baby!

Sarah said...

Finally we get to see the beach pictures. Looks like so much fun. Maybe I can make it east for the next trip!

Leigh Ann said...

Seeing these pictures makes ME feel beachy! That moon shot is gorgeous! I would SO love Tybee. Love the pic of you and your mom.

I'm on the Sept countdown! :)