Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

This and that...

What a week it has been! Very eventful with a friend's family in need, my own allergy issues, and then all the normal things that go on each and every day! Whew!


I wanted to take a moment out of the busy blur to mention a very special lady. Meet Debbie...

This phenomenal woman and great friend on many days is my saving grace! Debbie is the Educational Assistant that is assigned to my "mini-school" (team) at school. In addition to raising her own children and going to school herself, she works each day to make school a little better for the 140 or so students assigned to us! Debbie ALWAYS makes me laugh, is ALWAYS on the go-go-go, and never fails to offer a helping hand. She goes WAY beyond the call of duty, works diligently with all of our students, and truly is just a phenomenal woman! So thanks Debbie, for all that you do! I am grateful each and every day that I have been given a chance to work with you!

Last night - after the busyness of the week so far - and in spite of my allergies and sinus funk, I headed to a favorite watering hole in town... the Bunganut Pig! I used to go there about once a week to meet my friend Gina and others, but I haven't been in quite a while. Anyway, last night I headed over when Gina got off work and met her for a drink, which - of course - turned into dinner with her and Virgil (her sweet Hubby), and some of her kids/step kids! What a fun time we had. Gina is such a joy and I am thankful to call her my friend! We are starting a Garden together this year and I am so excited about it. Here are Gina and Virgil last night at the Pig... what a great couple!

Well, I better scoot. I need to run some errands and grab a bite to eat before I head back to school for Open House! Woo-woo! Ha! Hope y'all all have a wonderful Thursday Night (Yay for Gray's and ER) and gear up for a GREAT weekend!!!!

4 comments:

E.B. in Tennessee said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love yours, too. I have a lot of respect for teachers, especially after helping to teach preschoolers for a (very!) short time. It is such a hard job, no matter what age group you're teaching.
I look forward to reading more of your blog. Enjoy your TV shows tonight (I'll be watching "Lost")!

Leigh Ann said...

What an awesome tribute to your friends. I'm sure they feel equally blessed to have you in their lives! :)

debbie said...

I am blessed to have such a classy lady in my ife. Megan Is a joy and I feel proud to call her my friend.
I want to be just like her when I "grow-up". Which needs to be soon as I am on the way other side of 30.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that you had a well deserved night of drinks & dinner!