Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorable Memorial Day Weekend...

I had a magnificent Memorial day weekend and I hope you did too!


Saturday morning I slept in, got up, got ready, and got myself out of town! I headed to my hometown, Ooltewah, for a family tradition - the Memorial Day Weekend family barbecue! I arrived too late for the pedicure that my sister, aunts, and mom enjoyed... here are their too-cute toes, complete with flowers!



I may have missed the toes, but I wasn't too late to join them at Couch's for lunch! I had a very enjoyable lunch and then we all headed back to my parents house. Me and Jenni ran by the grocery and liquor store to get the makings for my Mexican Sangria (YUM), picked up my grandmother, and headed to moms for some back porch sitting and sangria! We had a wonderful afternoon of catching up and then Me, Jenni, Mom, Sarah, and Lisa headed out for dinner (We got so busy talking we forgot to eat until it was almost too late!)


Sunday was the annual event. We loaded up and headed down to my Aunt Rene and Keith's house for the family barbecue! We get North Carolina barbecue (literally - it comes from a place called Parker's in North Carolina where my grandparents are from and where my mother was born!) We have barbecue, boiled potatoes, fried corn bread, slaw, baked beans... and that's just the meal! For dessert we had cookies, brownies, bannana pudding, strawberry short-cake, and ice cream - ALL homemade of course! Whew! That was a lot of eating! We even broke out some favorite games (Catch Phrase and Taboo!). It was a wonderful afternoon of family and fun. Here are just a few of the pictures from the day!


Most of everyone sitting around after the meal visiting!



Me and Jenni after lunch!
We always have a big time, no matter where we are!



My sweet Grandparents

My GREAT parents!
I am so blessed to have this woman and this man as my very own Mom and Dad! I am grateful every single day for both of them!

Me and my sister, Sarah (check out her blog too!)
Sarah now lives in Montana so it was a treat to get to see her and spend some QT together! We had so much fun!


From L to R: Sarah, Me, Jenni, Lisa, and Mom - being silly!


These aren't all of the pictures we took, but just a sampling to show what good weekend I had on Sunday. Monday I stuck around home for a little while after sleeping in. Then Mom, Sarah, and I headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and I headed back home!

It truly was one of the most enjoyable weekends I have had in quite some time! I loved every minute I got to spend with my family! I can't wait until we all get to do it again!

5 comments:

Cindy J. said...

Your pictures turned out great!

Leigh Ann said...

I LOOOOOVE that picture of your grandparents. How sweet is that...them looking at each other. Awwww! And, your parents are adorable, and you have an equally adorable sister. I so would love to go home with you. The green grass, big trees...it looks just beautiful there. I'm so glad you got some good QT with your family.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that you had a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend! I missed your smiling face =)!

The pics are ADORABLE!

Lauren said...

Seriously, your dad needs to write a book. And your mom. I love the pic of your grandparents, and the one of y'all behind the tree. Great memories!!

Rebecca said...

Meagan....
I love your blog! You have been so wonderful leaving comments on mine, I need to return the favor! What a wonderful weekend with your family. Families are the most precious things. Cherish every day that you can spend together (I know this b/c when the are half way around the world....you miss them so). We need to get together soon before I head to Russia next week.