Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fun not in the sun!

Whew! What a hot and steamy Saturday we had in Middle Tennessee! Summer has arrived, I tell you!

I had plans to get up early Saturday morning and do some yard work before it got hot... but then the crash happened (see previous post) and my whole game plan for the day changed.

After the cell phone crisis was somewhat averted (which took a while), I moved on to a bigger and better Saturday - out of the hot sun and muggy air! I decided to buck the housework that needed to be done in favor of some food network and preparation for Bunko which I co-hosted last night with La at her house! I did dinner, she did dessert, and we both pitched in on the gifts!


My most fabulous Mama came to join the Bunko crew! She has been wanting to come and it was a great time for her to come up because A. We are both out of school, B. Lauren and I were hosting, and C. We were short on people (big wedding month) and needed a sub!


We might not have had a big crew, but we had a big time. Here is the bunko gang! We only had 7, so to make two tables we had to play with a ghost player we affectionately called "Boo." From left to right Valerie (Mama), Me, Megan, Ali, and on the top row L to R Lauren, Susan, and Amanda! As always, it was a night of good food and good fun AND... I got my first ever Bunko! YAY!


As always, the weekend isn't complete without a picture of the three Amigos! We thought we would mix it up a bit with our poses as we always have the same pose, just different outfits and in a different order!




Here is a picture of Me and Dawson! He is the cutest little chunk EVER and he is SUCH a happy baby! He went to the doctor this week and found out he weighs 18 pound (at 5 months old!)!! I think he might have to graduate from being called "mini word" to "mega word" if he keeps growing like he is! What a precious precious baby he is! I can't wait to see him and Vance play together!!!


I hope each and every one of you is enjoying your weekend!!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Mega-Word!! Hilarious!! Thank you so much for bringing all the yummy food. I woke up this morning craving chicken fa-jeetas.

Leigh Ann said...

Cute dress you have on in those pictures! Of course the picture of you and L & M and the one with Dawson is adorable! It looks like you had so much fun and how great that your mom came along. You two are precious in that picture. I'm with you...it's already hot in AR, too.

Megan L Hutchings said...

One of my favorite Bunko nights by far!!!! You did an amazing job co-hosting and I am SO HAPPY su madre came!!!!

I LOVE YOU!

Tuffy's Blog said...

The next time we're having our picture made, remind me to powder my face!!! LOL
I had a great time.