Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Recipe/Menu update

I told you in Mondays Tuesday's menu post that I was trying lots of new recipes this week that I have found on Pinterest, so I wanted to update you on how it's going.

I have to say first, that I love my husband!  He would be COMPLETELY happy if I fixed the same 7 meals every week, I think.  He has his favorites and is not crazy about me trying new recipes.  That said, he is always complimentary and will eat anything I cook and put in front of him with a smile of appreciation.  I get bored with the same old thing and find myself always wanting to try new things.  When I meal plan, a lot of it is budget and coupon/sale driven, but I still try to get a good even mix of good-old-stand-by recipes and new-to-try recipes!

This week we tried Pizza Casserole (above).
Hubby loved and said "this is a keeper!"
YAY!

Tuesday I made these Honey Chicken Kabobs with loaded baked potatoes and corn.  Unfortunately, in my clumsy prego state, I dropped half of them getting them off the grill.  I still don't really know how that happened.  And in my current baby-brain state, I forgot that we had to attend a spaghetti supper fundraiser that night, lol.  SO.... Chris has a grilled chicken ranch pita for lunch the next day made with some of the chicken from the kabobs.  I had the kabobs for lunch here at home.  I say, this is a keeper too!  The marinade was really good and I love grilled chicken, onions, and peppers together!

The link to the original posts, photos, and recipes can be found on my menu post - click here.

Have you tried any new recipes lately?

0 comments: