Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Disney Day Two... Epcot

As mentioned in my last Disney post, we decided to split day two into two chunks in two different parks!  It was a great decision, because by mid-day on day two our feet were in need of a break!  Plus, after catching such and early flight and all the excitement of our adventure, we needed a rest!

Part Two, Day Two:

After experiencing the best of the Animal Kingdom, we got on the shuttle back to our resort.  We stayed at the All Star Movie's Resort and loved it!  The front has HUGE letters that spell out the name of the resort and when we got back this day, Lily said, "Look!!  That giant L would make a great picture!"  That's my girl... starting to think like a photographer.  (Side note... all the pictures of Chris and I on our trip were taken by Lily... perfectly in focus and centered... she even got the castle in the background for the magic kingdom shot.  I also have to say these are with my big Nikon, so that's no small feat for little hands!  Girl's got skills!!"

So here she is, on her "L."
In the one above she wanted her picture taken with her autograph book that she had just purchased at Animal Kingdom.
Such a little cutie!

We took a nice 2 1/2 hour break.  We had lunch and went to the room to "rest."  In this case (and most cases) "rest" means that Chris and I took a nap... Lily did not.  LOL.  I think she may have drifted off for a few minutes, but no where near the full out nap Chris and I took.  I think she was too excited, and by the end of the day, her lack of nap showed back up.  After our long rest, it was off to Epcot!
Every day, for guests staying on Disney property, there are "extra magic hours."  One park each day either opens early or stays open late for guests with room keys to a resort.  Well, Day 2 was Epcot's extra magic hours... til midnight!  (Hence the nap.)
The first thing we did when we got there was go to a Character Spot.  I am telling you, once Lily got that autograph book, she was on a mission!  We were so happy to meet Mickey and friends...
Pluto made us laugh when he signed by placing the book on top of his nose and signing!
Mini Mouse was my favorite!  She's so pretty!
Donald was there too, but not Daisy!  Lily really wanted Daisy's signature, but we didn't get it (on day two, anyway).
After all the Character signing, it was off to the Nemo ride!  We lucked out with NO line!  Lily loved it... we rode in a big shell that turned towards the screens and attractions in the ride.  It was fun!
Here Lily is, bright eyed and bushy tailed!  :-)  Yay Nemo!

After Nemo, we headed to find a place for the fireworks!  We lucked out and got a Park Bench.  While I saved our seats, Lily and Chris did some shopping.  Again, our thoughtful little planner didn't buy anything... just looked and calculated and decided to hold out!

After the fireworks, we headed to the ride we had been waiting for.  Soarin'.  Oh My Goodness!  If you ever go, you MUST do this ride!  It's another one not recommended for expectant mothers, but I have NO idea why.  After we talked to the attendant and she told us what it was like, there was no doubt I could ride!  You are lifted in a pitch black room in a ski lift sort of thing... lifted probably 2 or 3 stories and in front of a HUGE screen that fills your whole field of view.  Then, with your 3-D glasses on, you being a hang gliding adventure over California!  Your adventure comes complete with the wind in your face, feet hanging, sea splash, and the smell of oranges as you glide over a huge orange grove.  This was Chris' and my pick for #1 ride the whole time we were there!
After Soarin, Nemo (again), and some other exploring, this is the bright eyed, bushy tailed really worn out face we were seeing, LOL!  Told you that lack of nap would come back to haunt us!
So, at about 11:30, it was a shoulder ride back to our shuttle and off to the resort for a restful night.  She fell asleep on me about 3.5 seconds after boarding the shuttle and Chris carried her back to the room... she never stirred!  :-)


Sarah said...

oh what fun! That sourin' ride sounds awesome! I want to go sourin!
That tired face makes me sad. She looks pooped. Loved the "L" picture. What a great idea! And I'm very impressed with her photography skills! I had a feeling she was the one taking the pics of you and Chris!