Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

28 weeks....

Taking a break from my regularly scheduled Disney posts (there are 3 more) for a Pregnancy update.  Isn't that the way it always goes... I either seem to have no inspiration for a blog post or too many things to blog about, lol.  Does anyone else feel that way?

Anyway, Pregnancy Stuff...

This picture is more like 26 weeks (girls trip), but I'll be 28 weeks in 2 days, so I am going to call this my 28 week post, since I had a doctor's appointment yesterday!


How Far Along: 28 weeks (almost).... hello 3rd trimester!

Size of Baby: About 2.5 lbs and around 14.5 inches long... she's a growing girl!

Total Weight Gain: Funny thing, this weight gain is.  I weighed in yesterday and the nurse informed me that I had lost weight again! lol.  Which is really funny, because I feel like I am always hungry and always eating!  I guess me and baby girl are just burning up all the calories!  My total weight gain so far is 9 lbs.  Dr. H said I looked great and was doing a wonderful job!  :-)  Yay!

Maternity Clothes: You bet!  I have developed a favorite pair of maternity jeans that I wish I could wear every day.  I still have some tops that aren't maternity that are longer that I can wear too, but for the most part I'm in all maternity stuff now.

Gender: GIRL!  And oh, the cute things I am tempted to buy!  And by the way, we finally named her!  She will be called Ava Grace!

Movement: All the time... she moves differently now... I can feel her flip and roll and her kicks and punches are a lot more distinct and sometimes quite forceful!  Yesterday she did some rapid leg movements that felt like she was running in place... or kickboxing... it's a toss up! lol

Sleep: Interrupted by frequent potty breaks, but other than that, I'm fine.  I miss lying on my back, but that's a small sacrifice to make for our sweet girl!

Symptoms: Heart Burn. lol.  And I hate tums, but I have discovered that a glass of milk helps.

What I Miss: The usual (wine). lol.  :-)  Again, small sacrifice.  Oh, and soft cheese... like bleu and gorgonzola...Mmmm!

Cravings: Milk.  I've never been a huge milk drinker, but I drink it all. the. time. now.  Usually a half a gallon will get me through the month because I just use it to cook with - Chris and Lily don't really drink it. EVER. This past month I went through 2 gallons and am working on my 3rd, lol.  I also crave sweets - not like me either.  I indulge every now and then, but for the most part we don't keep sweets and junk food in the house, so it hasn't been a major issue.

Best Moment This Week: My doctor's visit!  I love going and hearing Ava Grace's heartbeat and stats!  :-)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Holding this wild girl.  Watching Chris become a Daddy for the second time.  Seeing Lily get excited about a baby sister.   Lately I have been dreaming about her and I just can't wait to have her in our arms and to see her sweet face!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

fun updates!
What's wrong with Bleu Cheese?
I didn't know it was illegal in the prego world.

Jennifer Burtram said...

Chris was bragging on you today at school. He's so proud of you and how great you are doing with this pregnancy! I love reading your posts, and I love the name!

Kristin Leisman Photography said...

I love reading about your pregnancy experience. I am so excited for the two of you! I love the name you have chosen. Ava was a name I had picked out if we had a girl instead of a Will. lol You are going to be an awesome mom!!!