Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Directions...

Go past pilot's knob and turn at the bottom of the little hill. Go to the brick house in the corn field and turn just before the little post office. Go a little ways down and you'll see the hay barn, that's your next turn. Just up the road, cross the slab (aka Creek) and we're just up on the left.

These are the directions I got from Megan to her new home... precious. It is the most beautiful drive out into the country and truly is a little piece of heaven!

I went there today to help clean up so that they can move in next weekend! I had been out before, obviously, but always followed Megan or Web or rode with them so I had to call and get a refresher just in case I forgot a turn. It is such a beautiful place! I can't wait for Moo to post pictures when she's all moved in. It's wonderful and SO her!!!!

Before that... my weekend in reverse, I guess... I slept in.

Last night we had our Fantasy Football - End of Season Bash! It's always fun because it is "free." Each time you drop a player and pick up another or make a trade during the season it costs 5 dollars. At the end of the season we use the league fee ($50 per team) to pay the winners ($300, $200, $100 respectively) and then we use the drop/add/trade money to buy the food and drinks for the end of season bash! We had $240 worth of chicken wings, fries, celery and drinks and we had $1,000,000 worth of fun! :-) After our celebration was over we all headed over to Coach's for some karaoke fun with some of our other friends from work... I didn't sing, but I enjoyed watching and laughing (with, not at) others singing!

And before that...

Varsity boys had a make up game at Rockvale and our boys won... by 39 points - yikes! Happy for them, but sad for the other team. I love when we win and it makes me proud of our boys, but it's bitter-sweet when the score is that spread out!

And before that...

I had dinner with La at Chili's Friday night and then came home and had a glorious evening on my couch, in my quiet home. Mmmm... life is good!

That's my weekend in reverse! Hope yours was just as wonderful!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I know I've said this before, but you have such a nice, relaxing life filled with wonderful friends! Oh, and those directions are priceless!

Oh, and about my other two pregnancies...I'll spare everyone the details (for now), but in short - I was sick with both of them - but not this bad. I think it's an age thing, really. Not that I'm "old" but I'm "oldER" I don't know, maybe not - but this time is just aweful. I don't think it helps that I'm dehydrated (which I hope to take care of this week)...and that I have two others to look after. TV is my best friend right now. Poor kids. :-) Thanks for all your nice comments and I really appreciate your prayers!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Thank you again beautiful for everything ;)! I am glad my "country-fied" directions did not confuse you too bad. You are the priceless one!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds fun! Congrats to "Moo" on getting to move to the country. There's NOTHING like the country life. Its the best, and I miss it.

Betsy said...

I can't wait to see Megan's house!! I know she is getting so excited.

Your weekend sounds fun, like always!! :)

Leigh Ann said...

Your weekend in reverse sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see Moo's new home. I know it is going to be so beautiful. You are such a great friend to go help them clean up. I love how you guys are always doing helpful things for each others. It is so sweet!

Lauren said...

I love those directions!!!! They're perfect! :)