Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful...

I was so thankful for my Thanksgiving break! Now, at the close of my blissful break, I reflect and am still filled with thankfulness.

I am thankful that I have a family that is so loving, supportive, and fun to be with! I am thankful for the huge spread of Thanksgiving goodies that we stuffed ourselves with on Thanksgiving day! I am thankful for 5 days filled with nothing but family and friends and fun... all play and no work. I am thankful that I returned home rested and restored. I have so much to be thankful for and I have been so blessed! Thank you Lord for the blessings you have showered my life with and thank you for your continued blessings... I do not deserve.

I did it all over the break. Wal-mart runs, dinners in and dinners out, Wii playing, movie watching, golfing, napping, football viewing, fun! Every moment was filled, but every moment was relaxing and fulfilling! It was a wonderful break!

I didn't take too many pictures... I was enjoying life in the moment and not through my lens. I did manage to snag this family photo on Thanksgiving Day...


My sister and her husband were unable to attend, so this is only Mom, Dad, Me, Ken, Sarah M, and Bentlee.

And of course I snapped a few shots of my favorite (albeit, only) niece! Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?!?





I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was a wonderful and blessing-filled as mine! I can't wait to catch up on all my blog reading and hear/see about all the Thanksgiving goodness!!!





6 comments:

Amanda Ledford said...

I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I hate we couldn't get together, but hopefully next time! Bentlee is beautiful!!!! I love the pics of her!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so happy you had a wonderful break with your family ;)! I missed you so much!!!!

Can I just say I love the pic of Bentlee on the porch. She is so beautiful!

Lauren said...

That picture of her on the porch is AMAZING!!!!!

Betsy said...

Your niece is just beautiful!! I'm glad you had such a good Thanksgiving. It's good to be in the moment...right where you need to be!!! Have a good week, Meagan.

ariel said...

Glad you had a wonderful weekend! We'll definitely plan a Meag/REL reunion soon! Bentlee is GORGEOUS!She looks so much like both Ken and Sarah and is just a doll! I love her outfit. They are in trouble in a few years!

Duane said...

Your family is gorgeous! Hope the holiday was great and early Merry Christmas. That was awesome about your jackpot! Sounds like a deal! Anyways have a great one.