Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"The Paint Pottery Place"

Lily loves painting pottery! She calls it "the paint pottery place." She also loves my mom and sister! I sill am amazed at how she just attached right to them and delights in spending time with them. She also loves "girl days." So Tuesday, she got all of these things and more!

Since this year's broken wrist/cast and other plans didn't set up well for Chis and Lily to join me in Chattanooga for the 4th, Lily and my family missed out on the quality time they have been so looking forward to! So yesterday my mom and sister came up for an all-day girls day!

We started our day with a little shopping - The Sassy Scrapper, Charming Charlies, and Ulta - to name a few! And then we headed to Newk's for lunch! The highlight of our day and what we were most excited about, though, was heading to the pottery place after lunch!

We had the best time! Lily painted a fairy girl sitting on a crescent moon for her room! She finished so quickly we had to come up with another project, so I had her pick out something to paint for her mom as well because her birthday is next month... she is such the little artist! I painted a serving bowl - it took quite a bit of time - it's the largest piece I have ever done. Sarah painted a chip/dip serving piece so diligently - it's going to be beautiful! And Mom, who I have always thought was so artistic - I didn't get that gene - painted a beautiful coffee travel mug and then a picture frame that we all put our finger prints on to put the above picture in! I can't wait to see all our finished products! It was SO. MUCH. FUN!

After painting we needed a little "hold-me-over" until dinner, so we visited The Great American Cookie Company! Here we are eating our cookies! :-)

We ended the day playing American Girl at Chris' house and my house and then meeting Chris for dinner at Ahart's before Sarah and Mom had to hit the road. After dinner, Chris, Lily, and I met our friend Ann at a new restaurant for an ice cream treat and wonderful conversation! It was a FULL and FUN PACKED day! I can't wait until we can do it again!


Betsy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love girl time!! :)

Sarah said...

It was a thrill! I was so glad we were able to come up! And super glad you were able to come down again this weekend! Love you sister!