Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

A day at the beach...

...the redneck beach that is! No, we didn't go on vacation! We just paid a visit to the bank of the Stones River here in Murfreesboro up by the Walter Hill dam...

...and he waded and fished all day long. We both soaked in the sing-song of the birds, the sound of the water rushing over the dam and flowing around the rocks, and the rays of the beautiful sunshine on a rare and oh-so-perfect 85 degree - low humidity - summer day!

He caught lots and lots of fish... I mean, had to take a break 'cause his back was hurting cause he caught a fish on almost every cast kind of fishing!
What did I do, you ask? Well, I sipped ice cold lemonade from our cooler, sat in the shade, and read until I could hardly see! With the occasional break, of course, to walk to the waters edge or to walk down stream with Chris, or to move my chair to a different spot in a shade as the sun moved. It was, truly, the next best thing to being at the real beach, and I was one happy lady...
...and he was one happy man.... fisher-man, that is! :-) What a way to spend a summer day! Perfection!
Thank you Lord for your beautiful creation and all the creatures in it both great and small! You truly are an awesome God and I am thankful for every day you give me and all the blessings you fill my days with! Amen!


Allyson said...

Oh I am so jealous! I used to go fly fishing with Ryan and do just that--sit in the shade and read! Those days are gone with little ones now. :) Looks like so much fun!