Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Traditions...

I was reading Betsy's blog and she was talking about a Sunday school party she went to. She said they were discussing favorite Christmas traditions and telling Christmas stories. So, I decided to blog about my favorite Christmas tradition from my childhood and "tag" everyone else to write about their favorite Christmas tradition and/or story as well!

Stockings were my favorite Christmas tradition as a child. From the time I can remember until I moved out (and even the first couple of Christmases after that) our stockings were hung on December 1st. Each year mom would fill our stockings with a treat or goodie for each day of December leading up to Christmas. When our stockings were hung on December 1st there were 24 curling ribbons hanging from our stocking and each day we were allowed to draw one ribbon from the stocking... attached to the end of each ribbon was something special just for us. The treats varied from candy and chocolate to ornaments, pens, pencils, and all kinds of little things. One year I got a tiny nativity scene one piece at a time mixed with other treats. One year we each got candy and ornaments and things as well as zip lock bags of puzzle pieces... we would beg each other to draw so we could put our pieces together each night and try to finish our puzzle! In addition to getting a special treat each day it served as an advent calendar of sorts as we could count the ribbons to know how many days were left until Christmas! I thought this was a WONDERFUL tradition and one that I look forward to sharing with my children one day!!

So, what is your single, most favorite Christmas tradition? I can't wait to get some great ideas and some wonderful holiday stories!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, this is hard! I love that memory too, and there are so many others. I'll have to think about it before I blog my favorite tradition. Its hard to single one thing out!

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a wonderful tradition ;)! I might have to talk to Webster and see if it is something he would like to do with Vance and little bit!!!

The puzzle pieces one at a time are my favorite ;)!

Rachel Wheat said...

I love stockings, too! You get the best stuff in those. I'm so sad more people don't still do the stocking thing. How much they miss!

Lindsay said...

I think I just fell in love with that idea!! Remind us all of that next year...no wait, I'm going to print it right now....when I'm more up and about and actually physically able to do fun stuff like that!! Seriously, that's so awesome. :-)

Betsy said...

So sorry I have been such a bad commenter lately, Meagan! I just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a WONDERFUL Christmas!!

I have so many favorite traditions, it would be too hard to pick just one! :)