Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Two weeks...

Ava Grace really started settling into a schedule this past week!  She usually stays awake between at least 2 daytime feedings and she sleeps great at night!  She eats every three hours like clockwork, and we really enjoy the reliability of that!  This week she still had to have sponge bath's, even though her umbilical stump finally fell off!  I was kind of freaking out aboutherittlestump before it fell off because it looked sore and was bleeding a little and I wanted it to fall off when her Daddy was here so I wouldn't have to deal with it by myself.  Her little belly button cooperated!  Early last Sunday morning Ava Grace woke up for her breakfast and I got her out of the bassinet and brought her to bed with us to feed her and snuggle!  We were piled in the bed watching TV and playing with AG!  She spit up a little on our sheets and then when I changed her diaper she peed on the sheets too (lol)!  Soo... we all got up and as we were climbing out of bed to strip the sheets we noticed her little cord was gone!  We looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere!  Late Sunday night I stepped on it in the bedroom floor and said, "Ava Grace!  I found your belly button!!"  lol
The pediatrician cauterized the place where her little stump fell off on Monday... he said it'd make for a pretty belly button and help it heal up super fast, but no tub baths til the end of the week!  This resulted in a couple more sponge baths - NOT her favorite!  What do you think about those eyes.... blue? brown?  What will they be?

I have been waiting to have her newborn photos until her belly button heals up, 'cause I want some cute naked baby pictures!  ;-)  We'll get those taken this week, but I had to take some cute week 2 shots of our little angel!

She is the softest, sweetest thing EVER!

I love her tiny fingers...

...and tiny toes (my favorite)!