Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First few days of fall break...

My first few days of fall break have been so peaceful and productive! We've done some major deep cleaning - it's amazing how quick it goes with two people at work! We have visited with Chris' family. We are getting ready for a yard sale. We even took the "catch all" room at his house and turned it into a really nice study!

We haven't worked the whole time though, we have gotten in a lot of relaxing and some play time too! It has just been SO peaceful! I took mom and dad to the airport to go see my sister in Montana! They are there now, in the snow! That's right, SNOW!

The only unpleasant thing about break so far was a trip to see the dentist. I had my upper left wisdom tooth extracted! I was SO worked up about it because I have heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth! Well, all my worry was for nothing (so far). Dr. Compton (Megan - thank you for the recommendation) called me back into the office, deadened my mouth, and then I waited for that to take effect. After about 15 min of waiting for the shot to really take effect, he came in and extracted my tooth.... standing up.... with no hygienist! He was in and out inside of 5 minutes and that is NO exaggeration! I was so pleased. Now, a day later I am obviously a little puffy, a little sore, and don't think I can actually eat yet, BUT I am glad that the actual extraction was quick and painless! I was all worked up for nothing! :-)

And last, but not least, I of course watched A LOT of football over the weekend! Most of you already know that I am in two leagues. An all female league in which I am now ranked 2nd (I was first until yesterday, lol) and a co-ed league for which I am commissioner in which I am ranked 5th (out of 14).

That's my fall break so far! Other things on the Agenda for this week; Pumpkin Patch, Discovery Center, some family time, and even more football!
As much as I LOVE the beach and enjoy vacationing, sometimes it really is nice just to have the week of work to spend time at home and with those I love! :-)


Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so happy that you guys have had plenty of time to mark things off of your to-do list but still be able to play too :)!

I can't wait to see you in a few minutes :)!!!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your break and that the dentist wasn't all that bad! ;-) And really - did you have to go and update your blog to fall?! Now I really feel pressure. But I guess I shouldn't feel pressure to Fall(ize) my blog, but perhaps I should do it to, you know, ADD my 2nd daughter to the header?! Yeah....pretty sure it'll get done in the not near future. I love your theme though - very festive.