Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Little Dough Girl

One recent night when Chris didn't get home until late, Ava Grace and I decided to spice up our night with some dough!  Play-Dough that is!  The homemade variety!
We hopped on Pinterest for a quick recipe.  I was looking for one with few ingredients that I had on hand and that could be eaten without causing harm.
Found it!
It flopped.
We tweaked it.

In the food processor we mixed the original recipe of:
1 cup warm water
1 cup flour
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 Tbs oil
1/4 cup salt

We started on low speed and went all the way up to high.  After 2 or 3 minutes this is supposed to turn into dough.  Um.... didn't even come close.  Soooo... we continued to add flour a heaping spoon at a time until a ball formed.  I then dumped it out onto the floured counter top and kneaded in flour until it was no longer sticky and a nice fluffy play dough consistency!  It worked great!  And... after playing, the crumbs dry out and sweep right up!  It made a lot... we made it all pink this time.  We still have a big blob in a zip lock bag. It made so much I just throw it away after she plays with it, so she gets fresh every time!  We'll be using this recipe in the future for sure!