Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas Indeed!

Although this Christmas brought many changes with the coordinating of schedules and combining of families, it was one of the merriest, if not THE merriest, I have ever had!  We had a whirlwind of Christmas activity and multiple Christmas celebrations!
We started in Chattanooga on the 22nd!  We did lots of last minute shopping, some relaxing, and some eating!  I enjoyed being at Mom and Dad's to relax!  Mom and I enjoyed wine while sitting in their "new" hot tub under the stars!  It was WONDERFUL after the holiday hustle and bustle!  After brunch with the family and a fun round of "dirty Santa," Chris and I hit the road and headed back to the boro!

 Christmas Eve night we made trips to both houses, unloaded the car, reloaded the car, and then headed out to Chris' parent's house!  We enjoyed last minute preparations and visiting there and then turned in for some much needed rest!  Christmas morning brought a beautiful dusting of snow and a snugly brunch with Chris' family!  Then it was off to pick up Lily!!! (YAY!)

 We had "Christmas" eating and gift giving with Chris' family Christmas night and then headed to Chris' house to tuck Lily in!  You see, most people know that Santa begins delivering Christmas Eve night, but it takes him 24 hours to go around the whole world delivering gifts!  This year, he saved the best for last... LILY!  So, we put out milk and cookies AND hot chocolate (we knew he'd be tired).  So on the 26th, Lily awoke to Santa and Christmas again!  It was PERFECT!
 ...and since then we have had more Christmas with his family and Christmas with friends....
 ...and we still have Christmas with my parents and brother to go....
 ...and with our friends and their kids!
Now, that's A LOT of Christmas!
And we are enjoying every moment together!
(Daddy trying to cure the hiccups!  It didn't work, lol)

I hope everyones Christmas was as Merry as Mine!  :-)

I. Am. Blessed.


Ashley said...

Looks like such a fun Christmas. I love how Santa comes a day late-so sweet and fun!

tobyslady said...

L O V E Lily's hat! Can't wait till ya'll are here with us again.